what kind of person are you if you see someone being attacked do you help or not?

About seven years ago, outside my place of work, a mob of teenage girls got another girl on the ground and started curb stomping her. There were half a dozen of their boyfriends standing around watching.

I shoved the girls out of the way, pulled their victim to her feet and dragged her back into the store. One of the boyfriends took a swing and punched me on the back. I turned around, only to see him retreat as fast as possible.

In hindsight, it was a bloody stupid thing to do. Teenage boys, or girls for that matter, can end you if there's enough of them. Or if they are carrying weapons. I was damn lucky to be punched in the back and not stabbed.

U guys sound pretty douchey havin not been in that situation...it takes 4 violent thugs about 25 seconds to kill a guy if motivated...1 head stomp each...I woulda called cops but don't act like they would have got there in time. If u jumped in ts there would be 2 dead guys.

You can rationalize your cowardliness however you want. It doesn't change the fact that its cowardliness.
true that man, way to think outside of the box on that response.

You ever think of dressing up at night and prowling the city for bad guys??

Last edited:
U guys sound pretty douchey havin not been in that situation...it takes 4 violent thugs about 25 seconds to kill a guy if motivated...1 head stomp each...I woulda called cops but don't act like they would have got there in time. If u jumped in ts there would be 2 dead guys.
nah ur automatically a coward for using your brain and thinking about the possible sequence of events that could take place after you step in.

In hindsight, it was a bloody stupid thing to do.

No. It was the right thing to do. You helped someone who clearly needed help. While tactically not the soundest decision possible, sometimes doing the right thing is more important.

Last edited:
No. It was the right thing to do. You helped someone who clearly needed help. While tactically not the sounded decision possible, sometimes doing the right thing is more important.

Thank you, but "the Right Thing to do" and "Bloody stupid" are not mutually exclusive.:redface:

I was about to say that you are wrong, but you got too much empirical evidence on your side. lol

seriously.

-yuriy, you shouldn't use that machine that way...
-why?
-you could lose a hand or something
-who cares I've got two

It would depend on the risk to myself, weighed against my chances for success, and the nature of the crime being committed in addition to whether or not I had a comprehension of what was happening.

true that man, way to think outside of the box on that response.

You ever think of dressing up at night and prowling the city for bad guys??

Thinking outside the box? Looking for bad guys? What....

If you watch a man get killed without helping him, and then make a thread about it, while saying how smart you are because you didn't do anything, is very shitty.

And no, NOBODY is thinking about their family when they deciding to step in or not, it usually takes like 30 seconds before shit gets real, you do not calculate anything, you do it or you don't. I am sure anyone who have been in this situation knows this.

So the only reason a person not helping in this situation is because he doesn't care or he is a chickenshit.

If you are a chickenshit, you will try to rationalize why your dick is short, and then you will come up with bunch of stupid excuses "i got family, i got this and that"... cowardliness is cowardliness.

I've only been in a situation like that once, a few years ago.

A whole bunch of guys were beating up a friend of mine and another guy we knew.
So I stepped in and punched one of those guys in the face. The guy tried to hit me a few times, but his friends didn't do anything. I think most of them were cowards who didn't dare to do anything when someone fought back. After that, a bunch of people stepped in and broke it up, right at the moment a bunch of people I knew arrived.

After that, they came at us again with an even bigger group of scumbags, but there were also a whole bunch of my friends present. Thankfully, security guards broke it up before it could escalate.

After that, those guys threatened to put me in the hospital and such. I was kinda scared for a while, because I had only been training for about 6 months at that point, but nothing really happened. From what I've heard though, they tried to get me with a huge group when I was alone. Thankfully that didn't happen.

If you watch a man get killed without helping him, and then make a thread about it, while saying how smart you are because you didn't do anything, is very shitty.

And no, NOBODY is thinking about their family when they deciding to step in or not, it usually takes like 30 seconds before shit gets real, you do not calculate anything, you do it or you don't. I am sure anyone who have been in this situation knows this.

So the only reason a person not helping in this situation is because he doesn't care or he is a chickenshit.

If you are a chickenshit, you will try to rationalize why your dick is short, and then you come up with bunch of stupid excuses "i got family, i got this and that"... cowardliness is cowardliness.

The bolded part is especially true. They one time I was in a situation like that I didn't think about anything, because there really wasn't enough time. When someone is getting his face punched in, there really is no time to think about the situation.

If you are a chickenshit, you will try to rationalize why your dick is short, and then you will come up with bunch of stupid excuses "i got family, i got this and that"... cowardliness is cowardliness.

hahahaha. So before a person puts their self in a life threatening situation they don't think about anything else but blindly running in? Nothing at all? Many posters in here disagree with your logic here, for example one poster above just said he would have to weigh against his chances for success and the risk to himself. That goes against " NOBODY IS GOING TO THINK BEFORE THEY FIGHT" hudurrr

shoot i guess i got a 1 inch donger then.

Last edited:

What is your super hero name?

The bolded part is especially true. They one time I was in a situation like that I didn't think about anything, because there really wasn't enough time. When someone is getting his face punched in, there really is no time to think about the situation.

Yep, its like a reaction or an instinct that kicks in, i guess it is in some peoples nature.

your dick is short.

oh god, you just defended TS* dick size... :wink:

i guess i just wasted my time

What is your super hero name?

You don't have to be a super hero to help a guy that is about to get killed, you just have to be a decent human being.

hahahaha. So before a person puts their self in a life threatening situation they don't think about anything else but blindly running in? Nothing at all? Many posters in here disagree with your logic here, for example one poster above just said he would have to weigh against his chances for success and the risk to himself. That goes against "NOBODY IS GOING TO THINK BEFORE THEY FIGHT" hudurrr

shoot i guess i got a 1 inch donger then.

I am sure he think, he would, but if the situation would hit him, he wouldn't have time to do any calculation, just react.

And again what is with you a dick sizes? Did i pressed the right buttons or something. Its all you talk about now... :)

EDIT: read GrizzlyTitans post...

Back