what kind of person are you if you see someone being attacked do you help or not?

thatone**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Me, generaly no. I used to be the one to try to help but i seen it not end up well too many times for the want to be hero. Marti Gras 2001 in seattle i seen a man beaten to death feet from me for trying to help a women being attacked by 4 men. All he did was grab her and try to shield her and they sromped him out. I knew he couldnt have survived the beating he took and when i turned on the newsthe next morning i found out he died. After that i decoded to never try to be a hero in that type of situation.

Im not going to watch with my camera phone and yell out "world star" but i aint getting involved either. if i think the situation is manageable i might do something but general...nope.

[YT]sQMhZwB3TXE[/YT]

Link of the mardi gras riots in seattle
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Mardi_Gras_Riots

Last edited:
Did you atleast call 911 /look for police while this was going down?

I'm not going to stand around and watch some POS smack his lady around. But some poor sap getting knocked around in an alley by a handful of toughs is probably going to be shit out of luck vis-

For me:

Doing the right thing > personal safety and all that shit...

You are a small human being TS.

EDIT: The problem is, you not always know what the right thing is.

My friend told me a story: It happened in Poland, He was in clubs bathroom washing his hands, and this huge dude comes in to take #2. Short time after 2 girls walk in(good looking but also kind of boyish an tall, one of them even had tracksuit on), they open his door and kick and spit on him, then they start running towards the exit. My friend stops them, and says "that's not nice", but in a split second the guy runs out of the bathroom and smashes both girls, he gets brutal KO on both, then he thanks my friend and disappears. Background for all this is still unclear, but my friend still feels bad about it.

THE END.

PS: my english is extremely bad today :(

Last edited:
I always stop and try to help if I see an accident or injury. When it comes to violence though, I really don't think I'd be able to help much. I'm not a big tough guy who trains teh UFC. I would call the police.

Me, generaly no. I used to be the one to try to help but i seen it not end up well too many times for the want to be hero. Marti Gras 2001 in seattle i seen a man beaten to death feet from me for trying to help a women being attacked by 4 men. All he did was grab her and try to shield her and they sromped him out. I knew he couldnt have survived the beating he took and when i turned on the newsthe next morning i found out he died. After that i decoded to never try to be a hero in that type of situation.

Im not going to watch with my camera phone and yell out "world star" but i aint getting involved either. if i think the situation is manageable i might do something but general...nope.

You are a coward.

Life isn't precious. A real man throws his away for his convictions. Cowards cling to their lives by any means.

If it's an even one on one scrap I wouldn't get involved, otherwise I'd at least try breaking it up. Haven't been put in that kind of situation for a long time though, not since I was a teenager.

Because i wont put a strangers life before my own?

Stranger or not, its irrelevant, maybe you could save his life if you would step in, instead you did nothing.

I think you should have some alone time, think of your values, and why you are on this earth. Because like i said your a very low character, and you don't want to live your life like that.

I personally would love to be in a situation like this, i would have helped the person, and regardless of the outcome, i would be kind of self-realized, i would know that i didn't live my life for nothing.

Short answer..I am gonna try to protect someone or calm things down before they get out of hand...its just my natural inclination...trained guy...untrained...solo or group; I probably end up being the dude who steps in. I have done it so many times I almost don't know how not to do it...

That being said I wait a bit now to see how it goes before I step in before I just get in there..sometimes shit calms down before you need to do anything. But worse comes to worst I probably jump in.

Tbh I wouldn't get involved if a guy is beating up his woman, unless it's at a point where she's gonna get seriously hurt or killed. I'm talking about his gf/wife, not a guy slapping some chick he just met in public, of course I'm gonna get involved in that scenario. But a domestic situation, no thanks. In my old building, there was a guy beating up his woman, and another guy, who actually lived on my floor I sort of knew him he was a decent guy, got involved. He ended up scrapping with the guy, who pulled out a knife and stabbed him. While he was in the hospital, the popo came and told him they were charging him because the guy and his woman both said that he had tried to rob him, and that he was the one who pulled out the knife. The boyfriend just valiantly managed to wrest the knife from him and stab him. In the end they dropped the charges, cause the scumbag couple weren't able to keep their stories straight and the security cameras showed them having a big argument in the lobby (not sure if he had started beating on her at that point).

So yea, I'm not gonna risk the chance of getting injured or possibly killed and have my 2 kids grow up without a father for some dumb broad who's gonna run right back to the abusive asshole and shit out more of his kids, lie to protect him, etc. If that makes me a coward then so be it. If it comes to dudes, I would never get involved in a scrap where I don't know the guys involved, but if someone is getting stomped and could possibly be killed, maybe I would try to intervene. It would have to be on a case by case basis.

I don't blame you for not wanting to get involved its high risk...but I feel like everyone has people who are special to them and how would u feel knowing noone tried to help your loved one...

And knowing your unwilling to do so instantly makes you a hypocrite if you ever comment on someone not standing up for your kid mom wife sis dad or so on, cause you wouldn't do it either.

I will jump in. In your scenario, I'd rather risk dying myself than know I could have helped somehow and chose not to.
"There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends." -John 15:13

Yeah, I'd get involved. But I'd o something smarter than trying to shield the woman.

For me:

Doing the right thing > personal safety and all that shit...

You are a small human being TS.

EDIT: The problem is, you not always know what the right thing is.

My friend told me a story: It happened in Poland, He was in clubs bathroom washing his hands, and this huge dude comes in to take #2. Short time after 2 girls walk in(good looking but also kind of boyish an tall, one of them even had tracksuit on), they open his door and kick and spit on him, then they start running towards the exit. My friend stops them, and says "that's not nice", but in a split second the guy runs out of the bathroom and smashes both girls, he gets brutal KO on both, then he thanks my friend and disappears. Background for all this is still unclear, but my friend still feels bad about it.

THE END.

PS: my english is extremely bad today :(

Boyish and aggressive chicks? I'm gonna assume they're lesbians. Anyway, sounds like everybody was drunk as fuck, and I only say that because it happened in Poland.

PS: I'm extremely offended by your bad English. What? What? What are you gonna do, bro?

Back