What kind of job do you have?

What type of job do you have, blue collar (manual labour) or white collar (office work)?

• Total voters
Logistics manager at a manufacturing facility. I was offered a director level position but turned it down. Pissed some people off but I've moved beyond the need to climb the ladder at any cost. It would have been cool to have an office with bigger windows and the money was impressive, but not worth missing the kids' ballgames and dinner at home with the family most nights. But yeah, white collar.

Too bad! All these years of dedication and no action. My local SWAT team are going nuts out of boredom. I live in a quite town though. Even the stray cats are bored.
Oh shit, we had plenty of action over the years and sadly the loss of two of our team members in '09.
Fucked up situation in a fucked up city.

Similar situation - I'm a software developer/part owner of a small sw consulting company, so I mostly work from home with no real schedule. Its been significantly more difficult than I expected to stay focused and productive throughout my day.

It really was unexpected, especially because its work i like. I think this is where coworking spaces are useful, if you can get out of the house regularly its easier to manage.

I'm not really blue collar or white collar but a mix of the two.

My title is engineering manager, and I have 3 engineers that I manage. I have degrees in math, engineering, and physics. I would say 80% of my day is white collar, but I do some tig welding, some machining, some troubleshooting, and a lot of controls work. I have a mechatronics technician starting Jan 4th, so that should take care of a large portion of the controls. I typically have a yearly budget of around 3MM I manage, and I write a fair amount of policy as well as play a large role in our PSM team.

so im behind a window, I waive to people as they enter the lobby and watch as they swipe their badge
its a big lobby so I dont normally talk to people, most of them are usually in a hurry anyways

so yes I guess it would be considered flirty when they go and talk to me and ask me my name and stuff. Also when im walking around later I can feel them following me with their eyes

as for coworkers, most of them are either too old for me or straight out of high school. On rare occasion when I come across someone i'd be interested in my professionalism kicks in, I dont want to compromise my job for a relationship
Haha them following you around with their eyes. There are security cameras here everywhere apart from the restrooms. It’s kind of fun knowing I’m on a massive TV where I go.
I think I would find him attractive if it weren’t for the job but not THAT attractive. but the bullet proof vest and that he comes to check on me , brings me candy and blows me kisses send me mental.
Again nothing going to come of it at all, but it is fun. Good you’re being a sensible chap ;)

What kind of job do you have? I studied philosophy of science at university, but that was completely useless. Now I am a developer (instructional design specifically). I should have studied that instead of wasting my youth on useless employment pursuits. Anyway, it pays well, I'm happy. There seems to be lots of jobs available in my field. I think if falls under white collar work. What job do you have specifically? Do you like it? I put a poll as blue collar (manual labor) or white collar (office work) just to get an overview.
Insurance manager.

Haha them following you around with their eyes. There are security cameras here everywhere apart from the restrooms. It’s kind of fun knowing I’m on a massive TV where I go.
I think I would find him attractive if it weren’t for the job but not THAT attractive. but the bullet proof vest and that he comes to check on me , brings me candy and blows me kisses send me mental.
Again nothing going to come of it at all, but it is fun. Good you’re being a sensible chap ;)
Sometimes I can't turn it off though :(

End up getting friend zoned

<Oku01>

Sometimes I can't turn it off though :(

End up getting friend zoned

<Oku01>
Best not to dip your wick in the company ink anyway.
It’s been fun in the past but could all come crashing down very easily. And awkward if you have to see them all the time if it doesn’t work out.

White collar. Sr Billing Associate for a company that provides a wide array of svcs related to compliance and cyber security.

Sysadmin. I like it as much as one can enjoy any job. I feel like it is like a hybrid blue and white collar job. I fix and implement things all day, but there is also a business aspecr involved.

Back