What kind of gun to buY?

For the price and thre reason i would look into 380. I had a beretta 380 that was great, and very reliable. I think a 40 or 45 would be a little too bulky, and chances are you will never have to use it anyway.

Damn man I can't believe no one has mentioned Springfield Armory yet. They make an awesome .45. I would guess that the best .45 maker is a toss up between Kimber and Springfield, actually.

I'm saving up for a 1911 from Springfield as we speak(!) to compliment my .44 Magnum Ruger Super Red Hawk. Breaking into my place is not a great idea!

Springfields cost a little more than 400 bucks, but not a whole lot if you can look around some. The one I'm getting is about 800, but I'm a stainless-only type guy. Get a Parkerized metal one for lower end of the price range.

Here:

XD9703.jpg

4 inch Black Ported XD Pistols

The 4 inch Ported V-10, XD pistol is the ultimate in ported polymer pistols. Adding ports to the already soft recoil, the XD provides even faster shot to shot recovery while making no compromises in accuracy.

XD9702
Caliber: .40 S&W
Capacity: 10+1
Barrel: 4.05"
Sights: Dovetail front & rear (steel)
Size: 27 ozs., 7" overall length
Trigger Pull: 5.5 to 7.7 lbs. Ultra Safety Assurance (USA) action trigger system
Magazines: 2 Chrome plated 10 rd., steel, easy glide magazines (Law Enforcement & Export: 12 rd. .40 S&W)
MSRP: $512

XD9703
Caliber: .357 SIG
Capacity: 10+1
Barrel: 4.05"
Sights: Dovetail front & rear (steel)
Size: 27 ozs., 7" overall length
Trigger Pull: 5.5 to 7.7 lbs. Ultra Safety Assurance (USA) action trigger system
Magazines: 2 Chrome plated 10 rd., steel, easy glide magazines (Law Enforcement & Export: 12 rd. .357 SIG)
MSRP: $512

Seven inches overall may be a bit long for your liking depending on how tall you are as far as a concealed weapon, but it shouldn't be too cumbersome if you're around 5'10" or more.

Duncan, Jesus eatin a bowl of Fruit Loops, are you one of those guys who goes on the internet just looking for shit to complain about? If you don't like the idea of carrying handguns, why the fuck did you click on a post about a guy buying a handgun? If you are opposed, there's the "New Thread" button on the forum that you could have made a "new thread" about, instead of coming in here and trying to rain on the parade. Fuckhammer.

Duncan, lemme tell you something.. our government trusts our people with guns- they dont treat us like little children
Only an idiot wouldnt know how to properly care and use a gun
you can take yer 30 odd 6(30-06) and shove it up yer ass

How in teh fuck did I forget the H&K models? aside from Sig, H&K are the best handguns out there. Very reliable. I used to shoot a H&K 9mm, very nice gun.

Originally posted by RangerFTL
Desert Eagles absolutely suck balls. Inaccurate, expensive, and useless.

I know you know what you're talking about but man, DE's suck? Aww but they look so friggin cool! Also are they as powerful as their reputation suggests?

There are alot of people on this thread who don't know their asshole from their elbow when it comes to a concealed weapon. I carry everyday, it's par for the course with what I do as a second job. So take it for what its worth and buy yourself either an HK USP or a Sig Sauer, I own and carry both in 9mm. Remember having a big gun you can't shoot is alot like having a small cock in your pants-it leads to stupid, compensatory actions. Buy the weapon that is small, accurate and reliable-you will never go wrong.

a 9mm wont stop a drug fiend or put a whole in body armor. for whatever reason 9mm rounds are pretty high priced as well. i cant reccomend them.

CMV, 9mm bullets are cheap as hell- and dropping a person all depends on where the bullet hits its target..

if you think 9mm bullets are expensive look at the larger caliber bullet prices you think you need to stop a drug fiend

Originally posted by RAZOR
There are alot of people on this thread who don't know their asshole from their elbow when it comes to a concealed weapon. I carry everyday, it's par for the course with what I do as a second job. So take it for what its worth and buy yourself either an HK USP or a Sig Sauer, I own and carry both in 9mm. Remember having a big gun you can't shoot is alot like having a small cock in your pants-it leads to stupid, compensatory actions. Buy the weapon that is small, accurate and reliable-you will never go wrong.

LOL@that analogy
I'm now curious, what is your second job?

I dont own a gun yet, but one I saw that looked very good for concealed carry is the Smith & Wesson 386PD. It's a 7 round .357mag revolver, about 6-7 inches long and 17.5 ounces(!). Retail is about $800 but you can get it on a site like gunbroker.com for about $600, still brand new. Also since there are a few gun buffs on here do any of you know anything about this gun and what do you think of it? (asking cause I'm considering it for purchase at some point)

if i go to the range i can shoot all day with a .22 maybe an 1 hour with 9mm. i dont bother with anything else. its just a waste.

pistol_defence_c.gif

Beretta 9000s. All the concealed pistol you will ever need. Available in 9mm luger or .40 SW. Any color you like, as long as its black.

Wilhelm

Back