What kind of dumb talk is don't leave it in the hands of judges????

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
MMA is a freaking sport! Regardless of what the bald bozo says wtf does "Don't leave the fight in the hand of the judges" supposed to mean??? Why the heck are they there then? This is a sport we aren't doing some back yard brawling type of garbage and these guys and ladies aren't gladiators to fight to the death!! Again it is a freaking SPORT!! Any moron who says don't leave it in the hands of the judges doesn't understand shyt about MMA or is up to something funny. Judges get paid to do a freaking job!!!!

It's not as bad as "To be the Champ, you gotta beat the Champ!". It's along the same lines, though...

Tell that to this guy
180218-silverman-olympic-fix-lede_kyrvtw

I'm still looking for a thread discussing the judge that wasn't watching fights.
Joe was losing his shit, as he should

Dana started propagating this false narrative more than a decade ago when it started to become apparent that the Vertitas influence in the athletic commissions were awfully "convenient" for business.

This is the same thing they've been doing for ages.

Champs are already built up and sell tickets, they dont like switching them.

Also, they'll market the rematch for 6 months and bank on the story.

Don't let Dana fool you, he's happy about all this.

It's shit that shills say to defend shitty decisions

As I said in another thread, if the general consensus is that the judges are so shit you shouldn't leave it to them, then they shouldn't have judges at all.

MMA is a freaking sport! Regardless of what the bald bozo says wtf does "Don't leave the fight in the hand of the judges" supposed to mean??? Why the heck are they there then? This is a sport we aren't doing some back yard brawling type of garbage and these guys and ladies aren't gladiators to fight to the death!! Again it is a freaking SPORT!! Any moron who says don't leave it in the hands of the judges doesn't understand shyt about MMA or is up to something funny. Judges get paid to do a freaking job!!!!

actually, this is modern day gladiator shit.
It’s the same concept but of course just watered down and more appropriate and less fatal. But in essence, these are the modern day gladiators.

boxers, mma fighters, nfl players, etc.

It's one of the shittiest terms in combat sports, along with "To be the champ, you've gotta beat the champ" insinuating you essentially cannot win a close decision against the champ.

Just as dumb as to beat the champ you gotta beat the champ, yea how about let's not give the champ favoritism and allow him to win by changing the rules for him? Every fught should be judged the same, what is this? Ain't it a fucking sport?

Sport over profit
Integrity over corruption

Fuck the ufc once again for showing us how rigged it is

Dana started propagating this false narrative more than a decade ago when it started to become apparent that the Vertitas influence in the athletic commissions were awfully "convenient" for business.

This is the same thing they've been doing for ages.

Champs are already built up and sell tickets, they dont like switching them.

Also, they'll market the rematch for 6 months and bank on the story.

Don't let Dana fool you, he's happy about all this.

EXACTLY.
Hit the nail on the head there pal.

Dana is in on all the BS too.

he’s the guy who said Conor deserves a rematch against khabib because he beat Cowboy with shoulder strikes.

he goes out there and acts all surprised and dissapointed, lmao. Soon as he’s off camera he’s laughing and smiling thinking how this is gonna spawn so much more money from the pockets of you bamboozled fans.

It's a pretty basic principle.........why risk victory at the opinion of an outside observer? Obviously easier said than done when it come to fighting, but it's a logical premise.

FINISH HIM!

Its not like Reyes didnt try he brought the fight to him

GSP whole gameplan involved the judges. Known tactic

He is the promoter, judges are state comission employees, means he has no control about who they are or how bad they can be, same with refs, both are NOT UFC employees, which is supposed to help with corruption but its a double edged sword as most of them are boxing judges who are sent to judge MMA and well, they dont care or dont even know what they are watching, i can understand 48-47 cards, a 48-48 draw also doesnt yells corruption/incompetence, 49,-46 or 30-27 the wrong way (Andrea Lee fight) do.

The only code I live by is “don’t leave it in the hands of the MODS”

best of luck TS

He is the promoter, judges are state comission employees, means he has no control about who they are or how bad they can be, same with refs, both are NOT UFC employees, which is supposed to help with corruption but its a double edged sword as most of them are boxing judges who are sent to judge MMA and well, they dont care or dont even know what they are watching, i can understand 48-47 cards, a 48-48 draw also doesnt yells corruption/incompetence, 49,-46 or 30-27 the wrong way (Andrea Lee fight) do.

These commissions are notoriously corrupt and have business interests in the sporting events they regulate.

“Don’t leave the fight in the hands of the judges” is the most ridiculous saying I’ve ever heard.

Idk why some mma fans think they’re clever when they repeat this idiotic line. The implication being that any fans who complain about a fight outcome should simply shut up and accept the fact that the judges suck.

And what’s a fighter supposed to do when it’s the 5th round and it appears he’s winning the fight? Is he supposed to alter his entire gameplan towards a more risky strategy of going for the finish too hard, simply because the judges suck and you can’t trust them? That’s bullshit. Fix the fucking situation with the poor judges, add a couple more maybe, just get it right. Don’t tell fighters they have to fight a certain way because the judges are so bad they can’t trust them.

It's the stupidest saying ever.

You are essentially saying - by default - that the champ as an advantage before the fight even begins.

Here I was thinking that it's supposed to be a level contest.

It’s like saying “women shouldn’t drink too much to avoid being raped”.

It’s not logical or fair. It’s just a shitty reality.

Judges disagreed on both rounds 2 and 3. So did media (sherdog and mma junkie each gave Jones one of them).

So when rounds are close, expect the worst. That’s all.

That's the funny shit that always gets me. When you get two 30-27's one way and a 30-27 the other way. I've seen 49-46's do the same thing. Judges need to be held accountable for some of their weird ass score cards. Especially when it comes to championship fights.

Back