What kind of boxer are you?

3-5 days per week. Average of 3 days. Sometimes less, never more. One-hour sessions. The first few months were absolute basics; learning how to throw the punches, keeping my hands up, ring circles etc. as well as getting some conditioning in. Prior to this, I had only ever lifted weights and done very little cardio. My first real sparring session was some time in December against a very experienced boxer. Needless to say, I got the shit beat out of me without landing a single shot. Now, I spar him fairly often and have managed to land some good blows and avoid a lot of the traps he was setting for me.

Nice. You looking to fight?

Nice. You looking to fight?
No, probably not. At least not with any high aspirations. I wouldn't mind doing a few smokers in the future, but I have a long way to go before I feel worthy of facing someone in any real capacity. I'm 27. 6'0" 210 lbs with about 30lbs left of extra chub that I am shedding. I spent my youth morbidly obese, so my knees are kind of fucked and I am not particularly athletically gifted. Still, I really love training, and want to become as strong as I possibly can.

No, probably not. At least not with any high aspirations. I wouldn't mind doing a few smokers in the future, but I have a long way to go before I feel worthy of facing someone in any real capacity. I'm 27. 6'0" 210 lbs with about 30lbs left of extra chub that I am shedding. I spent my youth morbidly obese, so my knees are kind of fucked and I am not particularly athletically gifted. Still, I really love training, and want to become as strong as I possibly can.

Yeah you'll get their. Just make sure you put the work in outside the gym too. You can't just rely on boxing gym to shred your fat, you got to do your roadwork and shit outside the gym.

Yeah you'll get their. Just make sure you put the work in outside the gym too. You can't just rely on boxing gym to shred your fat, you got to do your roadwork and shit outside the gym.
I appreciate it, bud. I built a home gym, so I hit my compound lifts three times per week and I cycle a few miles to the gym on days I box for a little extra cardio. My diet was absolute trash for the longest time, but I've been doing really good about counting macros and calories. Eating clean is like 80% of it.

Back