What kind of boxer are you?

The kind that never learned how to throw anything other than a 1-2 because classes are too expensive and no health insurance

The kind that never learned how to throw anything other than a 1-2 because classes are too expensive and no health insurance

Lmao i feel ya. Thats why i don't do muay thai or bjj right now. Them shits are too expensive.

Yeah. Funny thing is everybody says he sucked. I believe he was good. Hes the one who taught me to move my head on the jab.

Ok so you describe yourself as a well rounded fighter?
Cooney was by foreman's account one of the hardest punchers he ever faced. Cooney was an excellent fighter he just had the misfortune of fighting in the most competitive era of heavies.

Cooney was by foreman's account one of the hardest punchers he ever faced. Cooney was an excellent fighter he just had the misfortune of fighting in the most competitive era of heavies.

Yeah i know hes good. He had 3 chances to get the belt, but that don't mean he sucks.

I don't see how it's a brain dead thread, i'm just asking a question, like most people in this forum.

But i appreciate the response.
It to be confrontational but it’s kind of a lame topi because nosy of the responses will be lies either over estimations or under estimations. The other thing is you didn’t describe yourself or what you thought your style would like to be etc.. so it’s basically an open ended question with no tether.

So real talk what do you think about yourself khanate?

I'm a shitty version of a Klitschko. 6'4 and 185 so I pot shot people from the outside then grab a nice hug when I'm in range for them to actually hit me back. If I'm close enough to hook, I'm close enough to hug.

It to be confrontational but it’s kind of a lame topi because nosy of the responses will be lies either over estimations or under estimations. The other thing is you didn’t describe yourself or what you thought your style would like to be etc.. so it’s basically an open ended question with no tether.

So real talk what do you think about yourself khanate?

Well the whole reason i posted this thread was because at @eternaldarkness told me i should figure out what kind of fighter i want to be.

But to answer your question, my boxing style would an aggressive style where i would pick my shots, and if i want to set up a strike i'll use a jab, and if i know they're going to hit back i will use an explosive jab, and move my head (duck under or slip) and just hit a body shot, and/or hit the head.

So really my style would be an aggressive style, picking my shots, while also trying to get to know my opponent or sparring partner, and trying to see what i can set up and predict his punches.

Well the whole reason i posted this thread was because at @eternaldarkness told me i should figure out what kind of fighter i want to be.

But to answer your question, my boxing style would an aggressive style where i would pick my shots, and if i want to set up a strike i'll use a jab, and if i know they're going to hit back i will use an explosive jab, and move my head (duck under or slip) and just hit a body shot, and/or hit the head.

So really my style would be an aggressive style, picking my shots, while also trying to get to know my opponent or sparring partner, and trying to see what i can set up and predict his punches.
An interesting thought experiment.
Think about your personality and try and see how that affects you in the ring.

Also that description is very specific. How about a broader sense how are you aggressive? Or how do you impose your aggression? Etc...?

Also what kind of boxers do you emulate? Find yourself attracted to stylistically? Or identify with?

Interesting, although my way of thought would be to study yourself in a video, discuss your observations and consider.....

• Height
  • Weight
  • Arm Length
  • Leg Length
  • Torso Type
  • Skeletal Composition Type
  • Strength
  • Agility
  • Flexibility
  • Balance/Stability
  • Gait
  • Speed (Muscle Fiber Type)
  • Joint ROM
  • Muscular Build Type and Development
  • BIO Mechanics (Movement)
  • Lung/Heart VO2 MAX Capacity
  • Mental Awareness ( The "Ability" to think and react or adapt)
Get a full fitness and medical work up with tested results to base further actions relative to Boxing style or required recommendations.

A true analysis of body composition and tailor a style and technique that best fits you!

You need an experienced Boxing and Fitness Coach to accomplish this professionally.

EXAMPLE

Mens-Fitness-1.jpg

I hope that helps!

Last edited:
An interesting thought experiment.
Think about your personality and try and see how that affects you in the ring.

Also that description is very specific. How about a broader sense how are you aggressive? Or how do you impose your aggression? Etc...?

Also what kind of boxers do you emulate? Find yourself attracted to stylistically? Or identify with?

Well i found out the way i throw a hook is like jack dempsey. I believe my style is closest to mike tyson, jack dempsey, and in someway mayweather, and spence (sometimes when i slip i like to lean back a little and come back with strikes)

When i'm being a aggressive i normally will throw a feint, and move my head just throw a right hand or hook. I'll sometimes throw a dip down jab, and than shift and come up with an uppercut or hook. Sometimes i will exchange blows like sanchez. And sometimes i will be like canelo where i throw a hook and than throw an uppercut and hit a right hand. I will use my headmovement to set up punches, so thats why my style is kind of life jack dempsey. Sometimes i'll even be lile loma and just put the jab out their, and after they throw a strike lean back and hit a right hand.

Not sure, all I know is that i'm 6'2 and only 160 lbs, and my conditioning is probably my strongest point.

Passable for a Muay Thai guy.

Like a lot of hobbyist boxers, I guess I'd probably be called an "outside fighter." I think, of all the styles a person participating in boxing can have, it's probably the one that nost naturally meshes with what a less-experienced person learns earliest. I think, generally, my technique kind of goes out the window during intense exchanges, so i tend to try to avoid exchanging with people and really only press my offence, or fire in combinations committedly when I've already got a guy out of position, or momentarily distracted or covering up. I mean--I can KIND OF counter dudes sometimes--but only if I've already been sparring with them for a few rounds.

I try to stay balanced over my feet. I try to have good footwork and positioning relative to the other guy. And I try to keep my eyes up and consistently learn from my sparring.

I move around a lot--more than most hobbyists--way more than most hobbyist boxers my size. I try to always probe and lead with a jab most of the time. I try not to move predictably, or retreat in a straight line.

I've done this for a few years and I tend to get the better of people who haven't been sparring for more than a year or two. I tend to get tooled up by the guys who have been doing it way longer than me. What's my style? Pressure fighter? Boxer-puncher? I'm probably like a thousand guys on this forum: tentative outside fighter with low experience.

Back