What just happened to Chookagian?

The way she kinda turned around and walked away as if to take a break mid-fight made it seem like she's not training hard and is doing some kind of cardio kickboxing routine. If she was doing some hard sparring she would know what body shots feel like.

Look like she wanted to gtfo after she got that body shot.This is what can happen when you are too big for the weight class and cut a lot of weight.Also because of this her power is seriously lacking.Those shots she threw had zero impact on Andrade.She threw an elbow just before the body shot that did jack shit.

I've dropped guys with a left hook to the liver, but yeah it was a female who did it so let's just say "WMMA" haha. I didn't even catch the fight, but there's no shame in someone getting finished with a great body shot.
Definitely looked like a hard solar plexus shot to me. And then one more the other side of the cage. I got nothing against chookagian except for her complete inability to FINISH a fight whether by KO or Sub. So.... For chookagian to be finished by the Brazilian Tank is quite satisfying.

Would have liked another 5secs in that fight too. Damn ref jumped in too early in my view.

Just me or was it too low to be a solar plexus shot? It looked too low to be one.

Think she just got hit in the gut really hard and doesn't condition her body for it.

Yea bunch of pigs on here, for real. Chookagian was ranked 1 and Andrade ran through her!!
Ranked means jack. Chookagian is a smaller, less coordinated Holly Holm with no ground game and non-elite footwork. You get inside her range, it's open season on the body. And one thing about Andrade, she doesn't mind getting hit. So she was going to get inside.

Look at the Shevchenko fight. Different means, but same problem. Once the opponent gets inside Chookagian's striking range, it's a mismatch.

I also think Chookagian spooked when Andrade picked her up. Images of Namajunes being slammed on her head had to flash through her. Nobody likes being in a fight with a demonstrably stronger opponent.

Last edited:
It was a tough fight. Definitely a reminder of different levels in this game. I do think she can bounce back though. Jessica is a tough out for anybody.

totally different.
if you fought, you would see it.

A well placed liver shot totally incapacitates you, as your three clips show.
Lolol

Did you just call this a liver shot???

kgDuqmE.gif

Aldo on Stephens was to the solar plexus too.

I've boxed for several years. Solar plexus shots are devastating. You're a moron looking for an excuse to hate on a woman fighter when there is none.

I really enjoy seeing pitter patter point fighters get KOed, so even though I’m no fan of Andrade, I did appreciate this finish. Also: body shot finishes are awesome.
Andrade has won me over over time..That said I can't root for her over Valentina.

She needs an ab wheel or something, no way that shot could have hurt that much.

I think it was the solar plexus.

Have you ever been hit there? Is tricky but the perfect shot there would put you out.

Similar of the punch Aldo landed on Jeremy Stephens.
Liver and solar plexus shots are the worst imo -- hard to land a clean one and requires a good setup, but they will melt you.

how about a fighter getting finished via liver shots from punches instead of kicks. That’s not skill it’s fucking anatomy/biology.

when was the last time you saw a male fighter go out for PUNCHES to the liver. That’s why I even asked, and then you have these idiots Har Har’ing about the actual mode of TKO.

Don’t pretend to be a fan and then run gums like a casual. “Maybe her liver is on the opposite side of all humans”

Fucking IDIOT.
Oof
I would delete this bad post before someone sees.

Shit,too late!

Lolol

Did you just call this a liver shot???

kgDuqmE.gif

Aldo on Stephens was to the solar plexus too.

I've boxed for several years. Solar plexus shots are devastating. You're a moron looking for an excuse to hate on a woman fighter when there is none.
You dont know shit about about my take on wmma.

Back