What Jones actually meant imo

Alcibiades007

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I might be giving him too much credit but his tweet about Stipe being the greatest Heavyweight of all time "hands down" is surely an admission that he doesn't believe he can beat Stipe. Recognizing your limits is fine gesture and a sign of maturity.

Silva never went up to fight the champ. Aldo never did either. If Jones continues to dominate his division for the years to come w/o popping, he can secure his GOAT status w/o ever going up. I personally don't think he could dance in a fair fight with HW atgs like Stipe, Werdum, Fedor, Big Nog, Overeem, Cain, JDS, etc. and that certainly isn't a mandatory requirement to be the best ever. As long as he's mature and focused on his own division, he will shut up all the haters eventually.

More of a jab against Cormier than anything.

Stipe is actually one of the HW Jones would have a great chance against, so no that is not what he meant.

More of a jab against Cormier than anything.
More like praise of DC to say that the guy who beat him is the best. You think anybody is going to claim DC is the best after getting KOd?

He is sticking it to the “pussy.” He doesn’t respect DC.

I might be giving him too much credit but his tweet about Stipe being the greatest Heavyweight of all time "hands down" is surely an admission that he doesn't believe he can beat Stipe. Recognizing your limits is fine gesture and a sign of maturity.

Silva never went up to fight the champ. Aldo never did either. If Jones continues to dominate his division for the years to come w/o popping, he can secure his GOAT status w/o ever going up. I personally don't think he could dance in a fair fight with HW atgs like Stipe, Werdum, Fedor, Big Nog, Overeem, Cain, JDS, etc. and that certainly isn't a mandatory requirement to be the best ever. As long as he's mature and focused on his own division, he will shut up all the haters eventually.

he still popping drug tests and getting free passes.

It was his taking the opportunity to make a comment about DC after the guys jusy lost. Id expect notbing less from Jones, guys all class.

iWas a mix of genuine praise for Stipe and what is most likely, setting the stage for a super fight between the GOATs of two weight classes (I.E. $$$$$$$$$$$).

Jones wants to get PAID, is itching to fight, and this is a favorable HW match-up.

Holy shit what a stupid take. It was a jab at DC

Aldo attempted to move up and fight the champ (Pettis). Dana did not allow.
Demanded Aldo to relinquish his belt before moving up.

As for Silva, he did not want to fight a champion because in his mind, that was Machida's division. He did take on Griffin who was one fight removed him being a champ... and put him in the matrix.

So I kind of disagree with your assessment on both examples.

but I have no problem with your opinion that Jon does not need to move up a division to be considered GOAT.

Back