What JDS has to do to win.

Big Mike C

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Now that JDS knows what Cain can really do, he needs to come into this third fight using what he's learned. He learned that Cain has ridiculous cardio. He's a bully that can just keep up that crazy pressure forever. How do you counter that?

By blowing his wad in the first round. Bully the bully. Come out and pressure Cain harder than Cain comes to pressure JDS for the first 5 minutes. Don't sit back and be conservative and looking for openings. It's hard fighting while being pushed backward. Create the openings instead with heavy pressure.

I think this is the way to throw him off his game. If it doesn't work, and JDS wasted a lot of energy doing it... well he probably wasn't going to win in the later rounds anyway. Put everything into it and just come out like the fuckin' terminator while he is still at his peak of speed, power, accuracy, and takedown defense.

What do you guys think? Agree?

Not get brutally clocked in the first round and spend 4 more rounds on wobbly legs, not punishing takedowns. That pretty much sums up my strategy for JDS.

The same strategy applies to Cain.

I think he just needs to avoid getting punched in the face.

JDS needs much better footwork moving backwards. Not get cut off so much. Not have his hands low while moving backwards. Move laterally then back. Once he creates the distance he needs to plant and throw with some authority and not worry about the TDs/counters.

That said i think the fight comes much too soon. Even a fresh Mark Hunt was making JDS make the same mistakes Cain did, moving straight back, hands low. As good a striker Hunt is he is very slow compared to Cain and not as aggressive or unpredictable.

Not get brutally clocked in the first round and spend 4 more rounds on wobbly legs, not punishing takedowns. That pretty much sums up my strategy for JDS.

Yeah, and I think what I said is probably the best way to do it though. Get in Cain's face right away and not give him the chance.

Don't move backwards as much, keep his hands up, and yeah not get punched in the face.

JDS needs much better footwork moving backwards. Not get cut off so much. Not have his hands low while moving backwards. Once he creates the distance he needs to plant and throw with some authority and not worry about the TDs/counters.

That said i think the fight comes much too soon. Even a fresh Mark Hunt was making JDS make the same mistakes Cain did, moving straight back, hands low. As good a striker Hunt is he is very slow compared to Cain and not as aggressive or unpredictable.

This is true also. One thing I've always noticed about JDS too is that he seems to have poor awareness of the cage. He always looks a little surprised when he steps back into it, and I always thought that if somebody notices that watching Junior's fights that maybe they can exploit it.

I agree TS that is Juniors best chance but given that, I think this strategy will most likely end up with Junior on his back eating GnP. I give Junior 20% chance at best in this fight.

Its all down to elliptical kicks, has the knowledge permeated his skull?

That big punch is not the only thing that went wrong in there, his entire approach was wrong

Agreed.

Don't let Velasquez set the pace and gain octagon control. I know it's easier said than done, but JDS does have pretty good takedown defense. Cigano needs to intimidate Cain by throwing strikes and back him off.

Use his boxing like he did vs Roy Nelson. Mix it up, not just the haymaker.

I'd have to agree for the most part. Junior has the best chance to win early, and the longer the fight goes, the more I'd favour Cain.

Its gonna be all about movement and angles in this fight.......he was moving straight back most of the time and Cain got off first, he didnt counter well. He has to work his angles and counter better. In addition, get of first.......when he had success in the first fight and in the second fight.....later rounds it was cause he either got the first shot off and connected or he circled away and had the right angles.

Jab, not be afraid of the take downs and let his striking go fearlessly (word?). On the ground, I'd say he needs to create space with his guard and minimize how much damage he takes from Cain's GnP. Despite the UFC hype machine's words, Cain can't keep up the quick pace all fight long.

Basically, if I were JDS' coaches, I'd be telling him to keep Cain at bay anywhere the fight goes until he feels him slowing down.

Jab, not be afraid of the take downs and let his striking go fearlessly (word?). On the ground, I'd say he needs to create space with his guard and minimize how much damage he takes from Cain's GnP. Despite the UFC hype machine's words, Cain can't keep up the quick pace all fight long.

Basically, if I were JDS' coaches, I'd be telling him to keep Cain at bay anywhere the fight goes until he feels him slowing down.

What? This is one of the few times the hype machine is right. His cardio level is on another planet. He certainly can keep it up the whole fight.

One punch,JDS needs a one punch for beat Cain 2nite...

defend the takedowns better than kongo and tag him coming in. Also he has to move forward there is not a pressure fighter in the world that is worth a shit going backwards. Easier said than done I know.

Back