'What It's Like To Be British'

Yes... And what in the actual fuck is up with the taking two words and combining them thing?

Innit?

I mean... technically, that's three words.
Them "thing"? Please...typo, please.

Yes... And what in the actual fuck is up with the taking two words and combining them thing?

Innit?

I mean... technically, that's three words.

Lol, or just stripping down a sentence till you have some basic sounds left.

U wot m8

I lolled hard at this from the OP.
• Looking away so violently as someone nearby enters their PIN that you accidentally dislocate your neck

There's a supposedly weird thing people from my city (Bristol) say, which is "where's that to?" or "where's that to then?".

So for example if someone says "i'll meet you at the Hatchett Pub" and you don't know where it is, that is what we'd ask.

It makes perfect sense to me as a Bristolian, but people outside of my area think it's fucking odd.

The last time I was back home I had a big suitcase so I had to leave it at the entry/exit, the train man who comes along to inspect your ticket told me about stuff getting nicked so I was so fucking scared for a 2 hour journey keeping my eyes out.

The only time I've taken more than a rucksack on a train is festivals so everyone is in the same boat, but it's weird how you're expected to leave your stuff so far away as anyone could just casually take it and walk off without any danger at all!

lol, I should have used single quotes.
Knew the typo, just wanted to say s'up. In a Brit thread.

Funny, when my husband and I came here on holiday I used to take the piss out of him for saying "hey" to everyone. Now I watch English soap operas end everyone's heying everyone to shit.

I still say "hiya", but I don't dislike "hey", is normal.

Fuck yes. I think we pay around $600 a month so we don't have to result to Blue Meth shit. And that's just for me.

That's insane.
This is why people here who moan about the NHS really piss me off. You get sick or need an operation and you're treated, simple as that.

Fuck, does that annoy me. Gordon Ramsay does it all the time. Pacifically rather than specifically. Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh.

Is that a regional think or just a bad habbit spread throughout the country?

The only time I've taken more than a rucksack on a train is festivals so everyone is in the same boat, but it's weird how you're expected to leave your stuff so far away as anyone could just casually take it and walk off without any danger at all!
The last time, I had family heirlooms in my case, so it wasn't like I could replace clothes and deodorant. Seriously tenderhooks from Dorset to London. I think I did a decent enough job of chatting up the inspector to look out for it as much as he could but you know, it only takes one dickhead to whip it off the train.

I don't know about all that but I do know It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. We're ruled by effete arseholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!

Irvine Welsh certainly has a way with words. One of my favourite authors as a young man.

That's insane.
This is why people here who moan about the NHS really piss me off. You get sick or need an operation and you're treated, simple as that.
Yep. Even when I didn't have health insurance and we'd just landed in the country I found a lump. Thankfully no problem, but even with us paying through the nose it took nearly a fortnight for an appointment to get a mammogram.

The last time, I had family heirlooms in my case, so it wasn't like I could replace clothes and deodorant. Seriously tenderhooks from Dorset to London. I think I did a decent enough job of chatting up the inspector to look out for it as much as he could but you know, it only takes one dickhead to whip it off the train.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more.

I love a train journey if you have a spot to yourself and can relax, but many times I've had to sit on the floor in one of the seperator sections because there were no seats and it was a 2 hour journey.
What I don't get, is why the fuck do we have so many first class carriages?
They are ALWAYS mostly empty, whilst the standard areas are almost always crammed with people standing in the aisles etc.

Yep. Even when I didn't have health insurance and we'd just landed in the country I found a lump. Thankfully no problem, but even with us paying through the nose it took nearly a fortnight for an appointment to get a mammogram.

So what happens if you have no insurance and hurt yourself?
I assume you get treated and they don't just leave you?

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more.

I love a train journey if you have a spot to yourself and can relax, but many times I've had to sit on the floor in one of the seperator sections because there were no seats and it was a 2 hour journey.
What I don't get, is why the fuck do we have so many first class carriages?
They are ALWAYS mostly empty, whilst the standard areas are almost always crammed with people standing in the aisles etc.
I've gone to first class when it goes to a situation of no seats and offered to pay the upgrade. This used to be my 6" heels days, no fucking way I wasn't sitting down on a comfy seat after corporate bollocks for an entire day. Depends on the inspector whether they charge or not. I've not done it with luggage though so I don't know.

So what happens if you have no insurance and hurt yourself?
I assume you get treated and they don't just leave you?
I honestly don't know. I don't think they'd leave you with your leg hanging off, but I think it's actually illegal now if you're gainfully employed to not have health insurance. Please correct me, Murricans.

I've gone to first class when it goes to a situation of no seats and offered to pay the upgrade. This used to be my 6" heels days, no fucking way I wasn't sitting down on a comfy seat after corporate bollocks for an entire day. Depends on the inspector whether they charge or not. I've not done it with luggage though so I don't know.

I used to hate the feeling of sitting in a seat which had a ticket on and wondering if and when someone was going to get on and say "excuse me, that's my seat".
Only happened to me once tho, even when I sat in a ticketed seat I was only asked to move once.
So many times I've just sat on the floor tho.

Back