What is your Wrestling Video Game Top 10?

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
1. NWO vs WCW Revenge ( I'm only going to list my favorite AKI N64 game )

WCWVSnWo.jpg

2. WWF Wrestlefest

18189-WWF_WrestleFest_%28US_Tecmo%29-1-thumb.png

3. Def Jam Vendetta

dev-jam-vendetta-2.jpg

4. WWE 2K13 and 2K14 (Basicly the same game only one has the Attitude Era mode and the other on has the 30 years of Wrestlemania mode)

upload_2016-4-24_17-5-34.jpeg

5. Pro Wrestling

Nesprowrestlingbox.jpg

6. The Legends of Wrestlemania

WWE_Legends_of_WrestleMania_cover.jpg

7. WWE Day of Reckoning 2

250px-WWE_Day_of_Reckoning_2_Coverart.png

8. WWE All Stars

upload_2016-4-24_17-9-38.jpeg

9. Tecmo World Wrestling

220px-Tecmo_World_Wrestling.jpg

10. World Championship Wrestling

WCW_World_Championship_Wrestling_Coverart.png

Holy fucking shit your 1 and 2 is exactly the same as mine... I even bought a N64 just to play Revenge and I have the emulator on my phone for Wrestlefest.

No other games really matter to me, those two are the GOAT.

Arcade versions I've played

1) Mat Mania/Exciting Hour/Mania Challenge
1985 Taitio

Oldest and weakest graphics, but totally addictive

Mat_Mania_-_1985_-_Technos.jpg

2) WWF Wrestlefest
Technos 1991

Lots of replayability with wrestlers that play differently

wwfwfesta.png

3) WWF Superstars
Technos 1989

OK

gfs_28915_2_11.jpg

4) Wrestle War
1989 Sega

Wow. Totally forgot this one, until I started searching. Kind of awkward controls/perspective, but decent for the time.

118124218859.png

5) Saturday Night Slam Masters
Capcom 1993

Never got into it. Lack of recognizable characters? Don't know. That didn't stop me from loving Mat Mania.

Slam%20Masters-4.png

6) WWF Wrestlemania
1995 Midway

Looked great, but disappointing gameplay. Didn't really feel like wrestling, either.

90892-WWF_Wrestlemania_Arcade_%2832X%29-2.jpg

Holy fucking shit your 1 and 2 is exactly the same as mine... I even bought a N64 just to play Revenge and I have the emulator on my phone for Wrestlefest.

THQ was supposed to put out WWE Wrestlefest for as an arcade title for the 360 and Ps3, but it never happened. I was waiting for it to come out and when the release date hit it never appeared. I was pissed. Apparently it was on ios for a bit, but the reviews were bad.

There was some bare bones unfinished footage of it leaked and it looked kind of shitty, but its a great idea if they could do it right.

1. WrestleFest
2. Extreme Warfare Revenge
3. Pro Wrestling(NES)
4. Saturday Night Slammasters
5. No Mercy
6. WCW vs the World
7. WWE 2K15
8. WCW(NES)
9. Tecmo World Wrestling(NES)
10. FirePro Returns

THQ was supposed to put out WWE Wrestlefest for as an arcade title for the 360 and Ps3, but it never happened. I was waiting for it to come out and when the release date hit it never appeared. I was pissed. Apparently it was on ios for a bit, but the reviews were bad.

There was some bare bones unfinished footage of it leaked and it looked kind of shitty, but its a great idea if they could do it right.

I think know some things are best left in the past or as they were...

Having said that, if they made a decent looking Goldeneye copy, same levels and so on, I think I'd shit myself.

The Day of Reckoning games were great. Shut Your Mouth, Here Comes the Pain, No Mercy, the Wreestlemania Arcade game was fun too.

280px-SDShutYourMouth.jpg

GOAT wrestling game

I had a GameCube and a Ps2 during that time, but my Ps2 shit the bed and I just rolled with my GC for the rest of that generation. This game came out after my Ps2 broke, so I never got a chance to play it.

2k16 is good after 2k15 was shit

I'll probably get 2K16 when 2K17 comes out. I didn't bother with it, because 2k15 wasn't that good. The Ultimate Warrior story line was cool though. That's good to hear, because I didn't think there would be a difference with 2K16.

Surprised that Wrestlemania 2000 isn't getting more love. The graphics were significantly better in No Mercy but it felt like 2000 made the Create-a-character option more accessible to making WCW/ECW/whatever analogues.

My low GPA in college could probably be partially attributed to the hours spent playing my roommates in WCW vs nWo.

Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium.>>>>>>>>>>>>>everithing else

Im guessing you have an android? Is playing Wrestlefest possible on the iphone?

Yeah, Fire Pro Wrestling was amazing. I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned here yet.

WWF No Mercy was a way better version of WCW/NWO World Tour and WCW/NWO Revenge.

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 is my favorite wrestling game of all time however.

Someone did a PRIDE mod for Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 called Virtual Pro MMA about 10 years ago.

I dicked around getting a PS2 emulator going about a year ago for the sole purpose of trying this game. The character and stage selection is incredible. The way you can mod the venues and rules is pretty cool too, but the controls ruin everything. I really wanted to like this game. I watched youtube videos for instructions on the controls and everything. After about a week I decided I just couldn't get into it.

Last edited:
Back