What is your opinion of Rory MacDonald, right now?

One of the best welterweights on the planet, very skilled and tough as hell...Could definitely be UFC Champion, as well as a two division champion in Bellator.

I think the more interesting question is the general opinion of Rory if he manages to beat Mousassi. Even though it's a MW fight, I imagine most would consider him the #1 WW since beating Mousassi would be a better win than anyone at WW currently has. I still think there will be the diehard UFC fanboys that would insist that Rory "couldn't cut it" in the UFC.

Rory would beat any WW in the world not named Robbie Lawler.

Poor guy has lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bitcoin game

Rory beats Till, Woodley and wins rematch against post-usada Lawler.

Goddamn travesty that the UFC let him go.

If he came back to the UFC where would you have him ranked among current fighters?

Does any specific fighter come to mind when you think about fighters he would struggle against?

Do you think Tyron Woodley would beat him in a rematch?

Is Rory damaged goods in terms of his continued nose issues and post the second Lawler bout? It appears that his point-fighting, play it safe approach which he was more renowned for in his early days may be a thing of the past as he appears to be taking a lot more damage these days (Lawler and Lima fights specifically).
Hed still be top 5 and likely beat low-fight IQ Woodley, but probably can't beat Till or Wonderboy.
Rory vs RDA would be an amazing fight.

Bro, what do you think about Rory vs. Venom Page? He's very similar to Wonderboy.
WB has developed pretty good defensive wrestling.

MVP has never dispayed any defensive wrestling worth noting. So it's hard to evaluate. But he has never fought anyone even close to top level at WW.

Rory fought on the same level with WB losing a close chess match. So it's fair to see his striking is really good. And he is a good game planner. If striking doesn't go his way he can take his opponent down and work his grappling.

So even with the element of uncertainty of where MVP stands grappling-wise I would go with Rory by sub. MVP has never displayed any grappling in a fight that I can think of so his grappling is not battletested. And Rory is pretty good on the mat and has good TDs.

His best days are behind him imo. If he was in the UFC fighting the top guys it would be obvious.

Lawler took years off his career and the Wonderboy fight didn't help much either.

Rory-MacDonald-Bellator-192-Carried-Mike-Van-Gorder.jpg

How a King leaves a fight.

Rory, even when getting beat up, can get on the winning side of the fight. The Lima fight, he was ahead on the cards in the second Lawler fight, split the first, arguably could have won if the Condit fight was let go another 10 seconds.. Rory is a beast.

Rory is a beast. I respect him a ton, he might be talented enough to be UFC champion...

I still expect Moose to beat him

I've always thought he was one of the best. If he happens to beat Mousasi, he's better than any current UFC WW champ or contender for sure.

Back