What is your opinion of Rory MacDonald, right now?

When it comes to skill, it is obvious he is one of the best right now. Tough as well. He would not be unstoppable,however, and every fight with the top fighters (Woodley, Till, Thompson, etc) would be pretty even and hard to predict.

He may have a cooler nickname “Red King” but he’s still The Canadian Psycho to me dammit

If he came back to the UFC where would you have him ranked among current fighters?

Does any specific fighter come to mind when you think about fighters he would struggle against?

Do you think Tyron Woodley would beat him in a rematch?

Is Rory damaged goods in terms of his continued nose issues and post the second Lawler bout? It appears that his point-fighting, play it safe approach which he was more renowned for in his early days may be a thing of the past as he appears to be taking a lot more damage these days (Lawler and Lima fights specifically).

he not win the belt still in ufc. if he was in ufc he have to worry about gsp coming out of retirement or he got paid and become champ in bellator.

The Lawler fight seduced a lot of people but i still haven’t forgotten his point fighting days.
Oh my god... I want to kiss you right now.

I don't want to turn this thread into a Rory bashing thread, but I cannot believe the support a point fighter gets. It's weird how people constantly criticise Woodley for being a passive fighter or take the piss out of Elias Theodorou for being a point fighter, yet they act like Rory is a beast.

For the vast majority of Rory's career, he was GSP 2.0.

0-2 against Lawler (even got finished).
Totally outclassed by Wonderboy.
Went to Bellator to win a title via panic wrestling from bell to bell.

Yeah, best WW in the world for sure...

Still an above average fighter but undoubtedly damaged goods. Will still have succes especially in bellator but that "next big thing" he was supposed to be is long gone

he still a point fighter now. did u want the lima fight.
Even the Daley fight, he couldn't wait to get him on the ground.

For a supposed elite striker, he didn't seem to want much to do with Daley on the feet and we've seen Daley beaten on the feet several times before. Semtex is not exactly unbeatable.

my opinion is he loses Sept 29. he will be game and it won't be close.

my guess is he gets finished, but i wouldn't bet the house on that.

Even the Daley fight, he couldn't wait to get him on the ground.

For a supposed elite striker, he didn't seem to want much to do with Daley on the feet and we've seen Daley beaten on the feet several times before. Semtex is not exactly unbeatable.
Semtex is not exactly a fall over dead pussy either.

0-2 against Lawler (even got finished).
Totally outclassed by Wonderboy.
Went to Bellator to win a title via panic wrestling from bell to bell.

Yeah, best WW in the world for sure...
Completely clowned the current WW chump though.

Lawler can't even beat LWs now so I imagine Rory would beat him today. Lawler is maybe top10 at this point. Maybe.

Lawler can't even beat LWs now so I imagine Rory would beat him today. Lawler is maybe top10 at this point. Maybe.

The Lawler vs Rory fight broke both of them, both have become damaged goods. The Rory that beat Woodley was a god but that is ancient history.

RDA beats the crap out of any version of Rory too. I agree with the Woodley thing, and that could happen again.

Back