What is your opinion of Rory MacDonald, right now?

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If he came back to the UFC where would you have him ranked among current fighters?

Does any specific fighter come to mind when you think about fighters he would struggle against?

Do you think Tyron Woodley would beat him in a rematch?

Is Rory damaged goods in terms of his continued nose issues and post the second Lawler bout? It appears that his point-fighting, play it safe approach which he was more renowned for in his early days may be a thing of the past as he appears to be taking a lot more damage these days (Lawler and Lima fights specifically).

He beats any WW imo but struggles with Wonderboy and Till who is bigger than his next opponent Mousasi.

The best WW in the world who would dominate Woodley again in a rematch.

Elite of the elite and could become UFC champ with the right match-ups, but not good enough to be a dominant champ.

The Lawler fight seduced a lot of people but i still haven’t forgotten his point fighting days.

would definitely be top 5 and possible champ , Would love to see him back in the UFC either way .
Still pissed the UFC let him walk .

giphy-downsized.gif

Unless Till's TDD gets exposed, I don't think anything but the weight cut can stop him at 170, now that he snuck past Wonderboy.

Unless Till's TDD gets exposed, I don't think anything but the weight cut can stop him at 170, now that he snuck past Wonderboy.
I think Till could beat Rory also, but if Rory got him down he may be in a bit of trouble.

Not as far off as Robbie.

Plus Rory wins that 2nd fight if Lawler doesn't come out like gangbusters in that 5th round.

I don't think Robbie could pull that off again
Didn't Robbie beat him pretty cleanly over 15 minutes in their first fight?

Didn't Robbie come out gangbusters against Condit and Hendricks twice?

I think Till could beat Rory also, but if Rory got him down he may be in a bit of trouble.
The TDD is the big question for sure. If his TDD turns out to be a weakpoint then he's very beatable. I don't think Rory could stand with Till for very long though, especially with how vulnerable he seems to be these days with his nose. I think Till will beat Woodley, even though its a disgrace he's getting the shot in the first place after missing weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back