What is your GOAT list now?

Israel Adesanya has 9 UFC fights, undefeated, and two title defenses. He could realistically pass Khabib within 1 year. Will he be top 5 too on all these people's lists?

GOATSP.

Fedor and Boner (if we're counting people who pissed hot).

Dunno about the rest.

1. Jones
2. Stipe
3. Fedor
4. JDS
5. Overeem

Reem and Fedor are held back by not having a UFC title.

Silva*
Jones*
GSP
Fedor
Johnson
Aldo
Khabib
Miocic
Dan Henderson*
Cejudo

As a true sherdogger my list is filled with guys who most recently won and it’s topped by Khabib and Moose. Also Lima and Justin are the worst fighters ever by my logic.

bare knuckle GOAT is Barnett (he won a week ago)

01. Fedor
02. GSP
03. Jones
04. Anderson
05. Khabib
06. Cejudo
07. Stipe
08. Aldo
09. DC
10. Mouse

1) GSP
2) Fedor
3) Anderson Silva
4) Jose Aldo
5) Mighty Mouse
6) Jon Jones
7) BJ Penn
8) Cejudo
9) Khabib
10) DC/Cruz

Great list by TS

jones
GSP ( boring , but great )
Anderson
Fedor
Khabib
Aldo
DJ
Dc

Jones
MM
Large Ravine
GSP
Machida

That's okay, we're on a forum to discuss (mainly) after all.

Whether people agree with where i rank DJ or not, i just want more people to realize that flyweight has a lot of really skilled guys and they suffer more from not getting marketed enough/not being as marketable because they're not as scary as the bigger guys than anything.
125 was shitty and thin ....DJ is top 10 ....but there’s zero case for him in the top 5 imo

Look I know you guys love Fedor but does he really have the best hw resume to be one of the goats is his resume better than Reem’s or Stipe’s?

If you're not taking PEDS into account:

1 jones
2 gsp
3 fedor
4 dj
5 khabib

Look I know you guys love Fedor but does he really have the best hw resume to be one of the goats is his resume better than Reem’s or Stipe’s?
Yes ....Fedor is better than both ....Reem has been ko’d 100 times and Stipe struggles with old dudes when he’s apparently in his prime

If people are removing people for da juice ...get gsp off your list as well ....ohhh I forgot it’s ok if you’re white on Sherdog

125 was shitty and thin ....DJ is top 10 ....but there’s zero case for him in the top 5 imo
We have a very different opinion then, but that's fine.

Just saying that a massive part of the popularity of the heavier divisions is that they're easier to market plus they are more marketed.

Although many of the older 205ers were smaller than they're today (and thus coming from a larger talentpool) they still were in my eyes never as good as the fighters at, let's say 145.

The thing when you go down the divisions though, is that while talent starts to decrease (slightly but steady) below 145/155, fighters still become more technical, as smaller guys who train generally have to make up their physical disadvantages in training by technique (heavyweights on the other hand for example, are always physically superior, which is a big reason of why they're nowhere near as technical as the smaller guys.)

You and others might bash the 125ers and many of these guys aren't known, but this is not a question of skill.
I don't remember any "unskilled" male 125ers in the UFC, but i remember plenty of "unskilled" fighters at 185 and especially above.

Besides these things, DJs skillset is absurdly complete.

We have a very different opinion then, but that's fine.

Just saying that a massive part of the popularity of the heavier divisions is that they're easier to market plus they are more marketed.

Although many of the older 205ers were smaller than they're today (and thus coming from a larger talentpool) they still were in my eyes never as good as the fighters at, let's say 145.

The thing when you go down the divisions though, is that while talent starts to decrease (slightly but steady) below 145/155, fighters still become more technical, as smaller guys who train generally have to make up their physical disadvantages in training by technique (heavyweights on the other hand for example, are always physically superior, which is a big reason of why they're nowhere near as technical as the smaller guys.)

You and others might bash the 125ers and many of these guys aren't known, but this is not a question of skill.
I don't remember any "unskilled" male 125ers in the UFC, but i remember plenty of "unskilled" fighters at 185 and especially above.

Besides these things, DJs skillset is absurdly complete.
DJ was champ of a division Dana White wanted gone because it was weak and most people yawn watching.....but not gonna disrespect you or your opinions....you’re a very respectable posters and hope u have a great night....agree to disagree

DJ was champ of a division Dana White wanted gone because it was weak and most people yawn watching
Because it was perceived weak and boring.*

The division isn't shit at all.

Even with my other arguments aside, think about this: 135 is literally the second smallest men's division, and people (rightfully) love it and acknowledge how mega skilled and stacked it is; it's for this reason alone unreasonable that the next division is all of a sudden crazy unskilled, even if you say the best guys go from 125 to 135, it wouldn't make sense to suggest that a shit division is within 10 pounds of a stacked division.

Because it was perceived weak and boring.*

The division isn't shit at all.

Even with my other arguments aside, think about this: 135 is literally the second smallest men's division, and people (rightfully) love it and acknowledge how mega skilled and stacked it is; it's for this reason alone unreasonable that the next division is all of a sudden crazy unskilled, even if you say the best guys go from 125 to 135, it wouldn't make sense to suggest that a shit division is within 10 pounds of a stacked division.
135 is awesome and wayyyy deeper than 125....I’m not hating because they’re small ....but I’m guessing you’re a little dude ....I’m hating because the division barely had enough fighters to make a top 15 rankings ....I’ve said what I need to say ...I’m out

Then take GSP off ....he was roided to the gills
So when did he pop multiple times, let alone once.. like Silva or Jones? Use facts when giving opinion, helps as an adult.

Back