What is your favourite upper trajectory of a fighter?

Thiago alves undefeated streak to a title shot. Those 8 or 9 wins in a row, he made alot of us believe he was unstoppable. Just vicious low kicks and knockouts

I know he hasn’t really hit his full potential yet but Gastelum. I watched that season of TUF all the way through, where he got picked last and had to fight Uriah Hall in the finals who at the time looked like a killer. It was such a great moment seeing him go on to win, because he had really good boxing and head movement. He was winning by skill and not just attrition.

Aldo's. Like the barrage of extremely fast hands on Brookins, the Cub flying knee, the grappling and GnP destruction of MTB and the low kick punishment of Faber, legendary X-rays after.

Conor's. The "how good is he, how far can he go". More questions than with Aldo, as Aldo was a lock to become champ. The left hand. particularly the Mendes fight to cap the rise off, as that was a tough match-up, he took lots of damage, and the escape could've ended in a choke. Then the left lands again. "He Did It!"

Also Ngannou's run after he lost to Stipe was reminiscent of Cro Cop's hunt for glory in the OWGP after already losing to Fedor. Wanderlei looked as murderous as ever in the staredown and it was one of the most brutal fights from start to finish. Mirko had to be alert, and his celebration showed the relief of getting that killer out of there. And when Mirko won the GP he wanted Fedor next. That's the biggest missed rematch in MMA history, to me.

Back