What is your favourite upper trajectory of a fighter?

AaandStill

Lurking here since 2008
@Blue
Reaction score
To me, hands down, the most exciting and awe & chill in the spine, upper trajectory was JDS debut until his winning the belt.
No trash talking just unstoppable a good guy who was a killer. After that it was just sad offcourse, but nevertheless. P.S I love Ngannou too, but he lost the first title shot and got very chiny opponents on the way up (Overeem and Arlovski)
Flywin Evolution Highlights promo video (which the UFC has hunted down on YouTube) is the embodiment of the feeling I get.

Before Jon Jones went all narcissistic psycho, and he was just a young hungry fighter from Upstate New York, his ascent to the title was fun to watch. He was unorthodox, exciting, and had some brutal finishes

Toying with a proven veteran in Bonnar
F4WsD70.gif

Shattering Vera's double champ goal and face with an elbow
2nk47ps.gif

Jumping back take on the undefeated Bader to earn the title shot
y-5zmdgA1q5LD-6XmGkqernUMWEwa1A8uWCiIXoxkj4.gif

Hitting the Rock Bottom on Shogun and absolutely dominating the legend that it made him quit
DimwittedBackBighorn-max-1mb.gif

image-35.gif

Last edited:
Before Jon Jones went all narcissistic psycho, and he was just a young hungry fighter from Upstate New York, his ascent to the title was fun to watch. He was unorthodox, exciting, and had some brutal finishes

F4WsD70.gif

2nk47ps.gif

Hitting the Rock Bottom on Shogun and absolutely dominating the legend that it made him quit

image-35.gif
Yeah I'll second this. Jones is a POS but his rise to the top was nothing short of phenomenal. The run from Vera to Sonnen was the shit, pretty much fought the who's who of his division and stopped almost all of them.

Lyoto Machida- had a great upward trajectory till with the highlight being the Shad KO

Luke Rockhold on his way to winning the title looked absolutely incredible, probably one of my favorite runs in MMA history. His body kick and submission game was top notch.
I'll never understand what happened to him.
vs Costas:
DelayedDelightfulGoldfish-size_restricted.gif

vs Tim Boetsch
RockholdUFC.gif

vs Bisping
Luke%2BRockhold%2BMichael%2BBisping%2B(2).gif

vs Machida

Second best would be Lawler, the staredown with Rory is legendary but so is him following Hendricks.
Robbie%2BLawler%2BStares%2BDown%2BJohny%2BHendricks%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2B-%2BUFC%2B181.gif

FirstDecimalBird-size_restricted.gif

This man's upper trajectory has just begun. But he's champ material.

F4WsD70.gif

2nk47ps.gif

image-35.gif

I can still hear that Vera gif, after all these years.

Crunch then scream.

The most beautiful uppercut trajectory in my opinion was Overeem's in his bout against Ngannou. Great near-parabolic trajectory. <45>

Jokes aside, Machida's rise to the title was what got me back to following the sport. And then, JDS': most exciting run ever.

Most recently Reyes. I really thought it would end with the belt. The fall since has been brutal.

IlliteratePettyFlounder-size_restricted.gif

BestLikableAmazondolphin-size_restricted.gif

QuestionableImpartialDeermouse-size_restricted.gif

Whittaker after he got his arse handed to him by Wonderboy and moved up to MW, that was a thing of beauty (until that fuckhead Adesanya showed up)

Nobody's has been better than The Spider yet. 16-0 in the UFC with 14 finishes over 12 title fights, and 3 first round KOs in the division above. He unified the UFC and PRIDE titles, and broke/set a shitload of records on the way.

The bess!

Honorable mentions:

Jones
Aldo
DJ
Cro Cop OW GP - UFC (just my personal favorite, not the most impressive)
Igor 37-0 with 35 finishes
Fedor from RINGS - SF
JDS's UFC debut-losing the title was insane

Back