What is your Favourite Music Genre?

Need some help. What genre is this song?
[YT]11EhQQ1O2UY&feature=youtu.be&t=1m8s[/YT]

I said Rock, but I include a lot of progressive "metal" in that category as well.

My top 3

1) Heavy Metal
[YT]Z7hmTiq2Qbs[/YT]

2)Ambient
[YT]ZVvjXJentik[/YT]

3)Classic Rock
[YT]tyW5g9DtuU0[/YT]

After this its a mix between Hard Rock, Punk, Psytrance, Downtempo/Psybient, Big Beat/Break Beat and a bunch of other genres

Probably 60's/70's folk rock, hippie music in general - Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Phil Ochs, Leonard Cohen, Rory Gallagher et cetera.
Bit too broad to be a genre, I guess, but I can't narrow it down more than that.
I listen to anything except hip hop, 60's music is just the stuff I listen to slightly more often than other music.

Need some help. What genre is this song?
[YT]11EhQQ1O2UY&feature=youtu.be&t=1m8s[/YT]

Shit?

jk.

Probably 60's folk rock, hippie music in general - Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Phil Ochs, Leonard Cohen, et cetera.
Bit too broad to be a genre, I guess, but I can't narrow it down more than that.
I listen to anything except hip hop, 60's music is just the stuff I listen to slightly more often than other music.

Shit?

jk.

lol. That's actually pretty chill and relaxing.

60s and early 70s music. I pretty much like all oldies and 60's music - regardless of the genre. There was just so much innovation and soul in that music. It wasn't over produced and processed like most of the music today. I liked the overall sound not being as smooth as today's music. I also really like 90's music a ton because that's when I was a kid and teenager. A lot of nostalgia from that music. Basically put anything from the 50s, 60s, or 90s on and it's all good. The Rolling Stones from 65-72 would have to be my favorite group.

Oftentimes, it depends purely on my mood. On some level, I have a healthy respect for each genre listed (and several others), so there's no way I could choose 1 or 2. Sometimes I want to hear great lyrics, others I just want a certain sound.

Where's the electronic option? Is that supposed to be dance? I guess I went with HipHop/Rap as Electronic wasn't up there.

Can't say one genre is above all others. Really depends on my mood. I especially love classic rock, dream pop, down tempo/chill, Indie lo-fi, and hip hop.

WTF how did you leave off the greatest, most epic and most beautiful musical genre that came before all these others and influenced everything?

obviously i'm talking about classical, baroque in particular being my favorite era, love me some Bach, Handel, and Vivaldi

although i don't really have one favorite genre, some of my favorite music is rock, hip hop, jazz, soul, funk, blues, dub/reggae, and certain types of electronic such as dubstep, glitch, and down-tempo

Back