What is your Favourite Music Genre?

I voted Rock because it covers all sub genres I enjoy.

Rock, but I'll listen to pretty much everything besides country, can't stand that shit.

Rock and metal. I enjoy some Electronic styles as well from time to time. Mostly Techno and Electro.

It was rap in the 90s but everything out now is fucking trash and no talent hacks not including old school guys still going

rock or country now...I went with country but not the glam country that plays on the radio.

Looks like I'm on my own.

I don't want to live in a world where people don't know what grunge is. Or spell Rammstein.

& I don't even listen to them.
One letter isn't a misspell, it's a typo.

Though your right about grunge. I was gonna call them alt. Rock but that didn't sound right. So I cookie cutter'd 'em. Sorry about that.

Rock. Way too much good material to choose otherwise for me. Decades of bands that seem to fit under the label.

I'll give Zombie a try. I do remember he used to direct (or am I confusing him with someone else)? I believe he did the Devil's Rejects, which is a fucking great film.

I'm not big on horror films but Rejects was a great one when it came out. Zombie's also done house of 1000 corpses, and those Halloween movies. Plus a bunch'a soundtracks.

And yeah, Samael is a good listen, though I think they're Black Metal. At least their older stuff is. But I'm not gonna keep bothering you with different music mate. Cheers

Whatever Van Morrison's 'Astral Weeks' would get classified as. I'm not sure it fits into any of those categories.

Otherwise, I enjoy classic rock, classical, and blues/jazz.

I'm surprised at the amount of metal. I've always thought Sherdoggers were big on rock/rap as per the Rate what I'm listening to threads.

I voted for metal. It's pretty much all I can listen to aside from some rock, classical and movie soundtracks.

TS - considering your username I assumed Reggae was going to be one of the categories.

That's what I mostly listen to at home now. But, I'm a fan of classic rock, jambands (big into Phish and the Grateful Dead), jazz, prog-rock, post-rock, world music, some hip-hop. I particularly appreciate virtuosity. Whether it be on guitar, sax, piano/keys, bass whatever a great lead player can make a band for me.

Oh and I voted jazz just because I listen to that mostly in the car and sometimes at work. Plus most of the concerts I've seen this year have been jazz or rock.

I guess rock since it covers a lot of other sub genres.

I'm surprised at the amount of metal. I've always thought Sherdoggers were big on rock/rap as per the Rate what I'm listening to threads.

I voted for metal. It's pretty much all I can listen to aside from some rock, classical and movie soundtracks.

it's a "vocal minority" thing. it wasn't until recently where all rap threads were peppered with the "you still listen to that crap?" and "rap is for kids" type comments

Hip hop for me, but lately I've been listening to a lot of 80's pop and smooth jazz. I need more relaxing stuff as I get older.

Downtempo, Electronic, R&B, Indie Folk

Back