What is your Favourite Music Genre?

Can't vote,no definition of rock,and no thrash option.

Electronic music/EDM.

[YT]XlhF56BJ-R8[/YT]

[YT]JwwGNrPIXUw[/YT]

[YT]y1hWi-vgoaU[/YT]

Hip hop, especially from the golden age (the 90's).

Rock

[Yt]S4ddwSBLO-k[/MEDIA]

[Yt]R3rnxQBizoU[/MEDIA]

Since basedgod isn't an option, I went with Metal. There are at least a dozen subgenres of metal, so I think labeling them all as "metal" is fine. People are going to complain anyway (ZOMG Metallica doesn't sound like Necrophagist!!!!).

I would include Grunge in the Metal category, even though it's basically a mixture of rock and punk. I'm a child of the grunge era, I still listen to it.

For me it's simply
Rap followed very closely by Metal so I voted Rap!
I don't like the two genres mixed together though this new age "Rap Metal" shit is not for me!

Love anything from old school NWA Wu Tang Biggie PAC to modern Drake
Aggressive DMX & Jedi Mind Trick to smooth Schooly D!

Electronic music is #1 for me. There's a large and diverse selection that I enjoy; Drum and Bass, Trance, House, EDM, Garage etc.

Rap is #2, and I'd place Rock at #3.

Rock

[Yt]S4ddwSBLO-k[/MEDIA]

[Yt]R3rnxQBizoU[/MEDIA]

Good list, a couple of golden Canadian oldies to add:

Would love to post a slew more lol

Electronic.

Everything from Chillout to Speedcore.

Hip hop, especially from the golden age (the 90's).

It's funny. I remember the huge swing from New Jack Swing to Gangsta rap within a few years back in the 90s.

It was like going from Gospel Rock to Black Metal.

90s music > all other decades.

Electronic music is #1 for me. There's a large and diverse selection that I enjoy; Drum and Bass, Trance, House, EDM, Garage etc.

Rap is #2, and I'd place Rock at #3.

Pretty much love the same music. Dnb, trance, hard house/style, EMD, garage, techno, hip hop, rock. I like a bit of dubstep, dance, grime and reggae as well.

Metal. Most subgenres... except Glam.

I like a little Rap, Classical, Techno.

LOL are they? I thought all metal sounded similar but then I'm very naive because I've never liked any of it. Never heard of thrash metal haha.

I'd say you've been missing out on a great many bands. Then again, maybe none of it's for you. Give some good old Heavy Metal a try, it's the best for easing into it. Most genres of Metal are an acquired taste IMO. You wouldn't want to dive head first into a genre like Black Metal if you havnt even listened to a Traditional Heavy Metal band.

Classic rock - Zeppelin, Doors, Hendrix, who, Beatles, stones, pink Floyd, CCR, Steve miller band, Clapton, Seger, Dylan, the guess who, guns n roses, fleet wood.

Lullaby

..at night of course

Samael's "Reign of Light" is also worth checking out if you like Rammstein.

Prefer Samaels BM stuff but can appreciate the later stuff. Which is kinda weird seeing as i love Ulvers Newer stuff compared to the old stuff (still do like the BM stuff though)

Nope doesn't ring any bells LOL.

Question, I like quite a bit of Rammstein and a little bit of Nirvana, what kind of metal is their music? They're the only two metal bands I like, I listen to a few of their songs every now and then. Not their really hectic shit though.

Rammstein - Tanz Metal (Think the band themselves term it as that)
Nirvana - Grunge mostly

Voted other, for the past 5 years or so its been Punk/Hardcore. Before that from 13-24 it was mostly stuff from Thrash/Black Metal.

Hip Hop is my favorite, I love 2pac, Immortal Technique, Biggie, NaS, Eminem, ect.

Other. All. Don't really have a favorite.

Metal
Rock
Classical
Hip Hop
Country (mostly old school)

Back