What is your favorite style of fighter?

The words “big threat of being able to finish” and Colby don’t belong in the same post.
Fair enough, I'm more talking about an appropriate blend of the characteristics and that being one of them. Colby doesn't finish often, but he does wilt people into pure defeat in an impressive way.

Pretty much Marlon Vera is the best style
Stalker, aggressive, dangerous striker in all facets, covers up extremely well like a turtle with quick counters, extremely intelligent and relaxed

yeah

I love a power puncher with a shaky chin or a slick striker best .......I just don’t like fighters that aren’t attempting to do damage or finish the fight

Slick strikers with good fundamentals, heart, cardio and solid grappling to boot. Petr yan, poirier, riddell, luque, topuria first that come to mind.

Creative strikers with more techniques in their toolkit then just the four punches and two kicks.

Anderson Silva
Israel adesanya
Wonderboy
Pettis and McGregor in their prime

Ect

Taekwondo was my first martial art so I like fighters who use lot of kicks and spinning shit.

Pettis, Anderson, Holloway, Wonderboy, MVP, Zabit, Yair...

Khabib - Aggressive Terminator Style
Khamzat - Terminator w/ Knockout Style
Colby - Suffocating Pressure Style

Gaethje - Fuck You Damage Style
Oliveira - Finishing You No Matter What Style
Islam - *Bop* Choke You Style
Ngannou - *Bop* Kill You Style
Volkov - Literal Giant in a Cage Style
Yan/Chito - Replying Fire with Fire Style
Poirier - *Outlasting You* Style

Barber - Aggressive once Distance Issue is Resolved Style
Be careful with the 'literal giant' comments around here. We have at least one 'giants are real and the Smithsonian hid/lost their bones and their probably in the Vatican vault' type. LOLLLLLL

Carlos Condit/Brian Stann type fighters are probably my favorite with Shogun style (mixing up takedowns) behind that.

I do like the new generation of well rounded fighters but definitely at the higher levels where you can see fight IQ and the fighter going for the kill no matter where the fight is taking place. I don't mind the pacing being 'slower' in grappling exchanges but . No gassing out unless it's an absolute war.

Last edited:
I just like fighters where it feels like they are genuinely trying to finish/hurt their opponents when they perform, not just win rounds.

BJ, Diaz bros, Shogun, Gomi, Gaethje, Fedor, Wand are some of my favorite fighters ever.

Genki-Sudo-20.gif

I know that's a broad question so take it how you want to.

My favorite these days is the long and lanky pressure fighters. I love watching fighters with big power exchange with the pressure fighters but over the rounds begin to fade as they get pulled into deep waters. So Max, Nate and Tony would be some guys I've been liking over the last few years.
Robert Whittaker

Be careful with the 'literal giant' comments around here. We have at least one 'giants are real and the Smithsonian hid/lost their bones and their probably in the Vatican va' type. LOLLLLLL

Carlos Condit/Brian Stann type fighters are probably my favorite with Shogun style (mixing up takedowns) behind that.

I do like the new generation of well rounded fighters but definitely at the higher levels where you can see fight IQ and the fighter going for the kill no matter where the fight is taking place. I don't mind the pacing being 'slower' in grappling exchanges but . No gassing out unless it's an absolute war.
I literally just googled Smithsonian giant bones earlier today...no joke...weird

Back