What is your favorite style of fighter?

Usually winners, but standup strikers are usually my cup of tea as well.

Fighters like Davey Grant
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I know that's a broad question so take it how you want to.

My favorite these days is the long and lanky pressure fighters. I love watching fighters with big power exchange with the pressure fighters but over the rounds begin to fade as they get pulled into deep waters. So Max, Nate and Tony would be some guys I've been liking over the last few years.

The style I enjoy most are fighters with their own creative striking style. I like creativity with strikes.

But, also, any striker who has the ability to keep it standing for the most part. I like watching AS, IA, Vitor, Barbosa, Prime Aldo, Lando, Cro Cop, Conor, Jiri, Prime Fedor, MVP, Rampage, Liddell, wanderlei, Petr, and of course....Jose Canseco..

Last edited:
This style. BJ Penn style.

bj-penn-licking-blood-GIF-crazy-2.gif

High volume stand up fighters. Not a huge fan of counter strikers and I really have a hard time appreciating lengthy GnP or JiuJitsu.

I guess match up makes fight though, I like the old striker vs grappler or wrestler vs counter striker archetype.

Going to describe by fighter:

Man I liked Nick's boxing base with the I dare you to roll with me BJJ (didn't work against Diego lol). Lawler for his controlled recklessness during his spectacular run. Fedor's ability to put the mixed in MMA and then blast you into the next decade. Hendo for his I "f$$king" dare ya to get close style that evolved over the years. Frank Shamrock's early days where he brought a relatively complete skill set. Jon Jones for his outright stanky meanness combined with high level skills/technique.

So I guess for me it is the fighter's ability to make his own style entertaining.

Khabib - Aggressive Terminator Style
Khamzat - Terminator w/ Knockout Style
Colby - Suffocating Pressure Style

Gaethje - Fuck You Damage Style
Oliveira - Finishing You No Matter What Style
Islam - *Bop* Choke You Style
Ngannou - *Bop* Kill You Style
Volkov - Literal Giant in a Cage Style
Yan/Chito - Replying Fire with Fire Style
Poirier - *Outlasting You* Style

Barber - Aggressive once Distance Issue is Resolved Style

I've got a huge soft spot for fighters fighting well above their natural weight class

Sakuraba
Ice Cold Igor
Kid Yamamoto
Melvin Manhoef
Mousasi
BJ Penn

I like how Poirier outlasting his opponents in a war (Hooker, Holloway, Alvarez, Gaethje).

That Conor fight wasn't a war tho, 'twas a cold-blooded knockout.

MT wrecking balls like prime Alves or Overeem

As a grappler my heart will always reside with grappling centric fighters. But that's not a hard and fast rule. I love watching WB use his Karate effectively.

I'm more a fan of fighters not styles. Do you pursue a finish? Do you show high level problem solving and able to make adjustments on the fly then I'm a fan.

High output pressure fighters with endurance. Like Max, Yan & prime Tony.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gio
Back