What is your favorite poor person meal?

When I was a uni student I'd order 3 McDonalds cheese burgers on my way home from a night out.

I was about 140lbs and this was a feast. They were mega cheap about 79p each.

8b611136ead0d4c247f0fef92925f284.jpg

Sliced apples with peanut butter

Mac & cheese with kielbasa

Pickle soup

Not sure what this is/was, but it reminded me of 2 whoppers for $4 when I was in undergrad.
Same idea. 5 Arbys sandwiches for 5 bucks. It was college, so we also loaded up on napkins for various uses. I think it's 2 sandwiches for 37.50 now, but it used to be a deal.

When I was poor and living in rural GA, we'd get two pieces of white bread and ball them up. You could bite into it because of the thickness and if you were lucky you had a Coke or sweet tea to wash it down. The sugar would give you a burst of energy and the bread (being balled up) would take longer to digest so you'd stave off hunger a bit longer.

Tl;DR

Two pieces of white bread balled up and a soft drink.
This makes me want to just give you a hug, Man

1 Red Pepper
1 Green Pepper
1 lb Chicken Breast
1 Pack of Fajita Seasoning
Tortillas

B1FB68F5-B211-49DC-9618-E7443CA2E770.jpeg

Eat from lunch to dinner for around $5.

Lol at everyone with fast food suggestions

shit was a delicacy I couldn’t afford for a while

tuna with mustard or wheschesier sauce is good and super cheap.
Those .60 pasta sides are good too.

Yeah man, some of these people are downright royalty. Would have fought a hobo for a cheap steak at one point.

Yeah man, some of these people are downright royalty. Would have fought a hobo for a cheap steak at one point.
I always felt pretty royal. At least until the kid behind the counter at Arbys called me out for emptying the napkin dispenser.

Seriously though, it is a fair point.

Penne with red sauce and some cheap Italian sausage. I like to add a bit of curry to the sauce too.

Never out of necessity but I've rolled white a ton like this. It actually gives it a different flavor almost like precooked dough.

Fat boy stuff but I've just pounded sugar packets when there aas nothing to eat. But I've never been without food, my mom always m a de sure there was dinner on the table. Weekends she'd come home from her dates with her entire meal and we'd attack it like vultures. We never appreciated what was actually going on there.
When I was poor and living in rural GA, we'd get two pieces of white bread and ball them up. You could bite into it because of the thickness and if you were lucky you had a Coke or sweet tea to wash it down. The sugar would give you a burst of energy and the bread (being balled up) would take longer to digest so you'd stave off hunger a bit longer.

Tl;DR

Two pieces of white bread balled up and a soft drink.

Mini pizzas,

Half English muffin, tomato paste, slice of cheese.

Add in whatever the fridge has to offer.

When I was a student I would buy sacks of rice and mixed beans, soak the beans over night cook and add some soy sauce and butter.

It was nine pence a meal and provided most necessary nutrition.

Beat that.

Same but barley instead of rice = gladiator food

Back