What is your favorite poor person meal?

I-ubFkyGKJxshqD6xx4FO7JrjD0HorvKbAAuZRB7E5fT-8_Z-4FjvAStp-qmu73tM1NLsYY4YKteHPOh6M9imGw3yM6hNSYMnBp03TuxDVTOXtWjcoLc

ESHTkuNs3PXqi9Bna_DLiJt3lMTDc_ZN_mtgPb_3Qnazq3B7ZC39_MEvSlX_CWYgGXpz9jwXvJwkJ4wtv_ALQ75ODLk_8mfJNlF3olan4rY

Wonder_Bread.jpg

Freezer chilled. No ice.
5-1.jpg

Dessert
211b8d16b056813ff8aec5b5b781f467.jpg

Last edited:
In my student days, we could have gotten a loaf of bread and a shitty can of beans for less than £0.50...

A slice of white bread with crisps was also a solid lunch...

When I was a student I would buy sacks of rice and mixed beans, soak the beans over night cook and add some soy sauce and butter.

It was nine pence a meal and provided most necessary nutrition.

Beat that.

Little Caesar's crazy bread.

Pork chops and applesauce for at home and a #2 from Mcdonalds or BK's double cheeseburger meal deal for takeout

Steamed white rice and eggs over easy. Not even a poverty meal really. It's fucking delicious and just happens to cost next to nothing.

Ketchup and tuna was my go to growing up. Industrial sized can of tuna and bottle of ketchup would last for a solid week. Giant ass jar of pickles if you’re looking to get fancy.

I have meals I still enjoy from time to time from my college days that I like to call white trash meals

Alphagetti with fresh sliced bread and butter.
Kraft Dinner with a side of beans.
Ramen or Mr Noodles with toast and peanut butter.

I loved taking as many peanut butter and jam packets from restaurants. They were a good late snack, dipping your pinky in both. I still do it from time to time
191f7610ff9a33da769bf2cacb27214b2084e1e9_square2841925_1_140x140@2x.jpg

717pGE1li%2BL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Another fav was taking pieces of cheese I'd also take from restaurants, or table spreads at parties and roll them up in pieces of bread with the crust cut off (breadballs)

Cold spaghetti. Still eat it all the time.

Those shit 50 cent frozen microwave burritos. Could always find 50 cents when I was a poor intern.

Ramen. Bologna on bread, no mayo. When I was really poor, I'd drizzle some olive oil on sandwich bread.

I got cut off while I was in College and had no financial help from my parents.

I used to go to Jack I’m the box and get things from the dollar menu, then slather free ranch sauce on them just for the calories.

you could get four chicken sandwiches or eight tacos for just four dollars. Amazing.

Those shit 50 cent frozen microwave burritos. Could always find 50 cents when I was a poor intern.

Ramen. Bologna on bread, no mayo. When I was really poor, I'd drizzle some olive oil on sandwich bread.

Those burritos: Don't ever open one up for any reason, or you'll probably never eat another one. I think the meat they put in them is the shit they sweep out of crevices at the processing plant once a week.

Back