What is your favorite Die Hard Movie?

too be honest, i was pretty young when the series started and the first three movies are kinda all melded together for me. I remember liking the simon says riddles when i was younger because I thought they were clever.

i think i'll rewatch the first two when i have time.

Don't know about surpass but Lethal Weapon's up there for me.
Well, these are the Hollywood actions blockbusters that defined that part of the decade (in chronological order):

Aliens (1986)
Platoon (1986)
Predator (1987)
Robocop (1987)
Die Hard (1988)
Midnight Run (1988)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Batman (1989)

For me, defining what was iconic about the feel of that period, as I experienced it as a kid...it's either Aliens, Predator, or Die Hard.

The original by a mile. I was surprised to hear that they were making Live Free of Die Hard so long after the 3rd. Didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

Die Hard is a great film.

Parts 2, 3, 4, and I'm sure 5 are movies.

Nothing wrong with being just a popcorn movie.. But something like die hard doesn't happen very often in Hollywood

Who was the one guy that voted for 4? come on now own up haha.

I liked that movie, the pc tech was a bit over the top.

Very tough call but i have to go with the second one. One of the better action-movie sequels to come out ever imo. Loved the entire premis,the battle on the snow mobiles,the setting at the airport,the snow,fuck that film rocked.

Die Hard 3 comes in at 2nd by a hir and the original in 3rd by a hair aswell.

Great franchise.

Who was the one guy that voted for 4? come on now own up haha.

I liked that movie, the pc tech was a bit over the top.

I am absolutley puzzled at how someone could choose that one as the best of the lot. A bloody margin of error should be ahead of DH4 in voting ffs lol

Unbelievable how many people liked 3. I hated it. Cheesey as shit.
Samuel was quite literally the token black guy. And at the end where Bruce realises where the bad guys are staying, he must have thought "Hey, Samuel has been in this whole movie up to now, he's no cop but I'll pick him up in the helicopter on the way!".

Totally ludicrous.

Yes I know all the series is unrealistic, but that bit was fucking stoopid.

All the others were fucking awesome though.

I can be watching Die Hard, and regardless of who is in the room their eyes will fix on it. It's an all-time great that all kinds of people like.

i remember the arcade game,wasnt that saturn also?

I'm surprised to see a lot of posters prefer Vengeance over the first film. Before checking the results, I thought it was a no-brainer.

I liked Vengeance, mainly for Jeremy Iron's performance.

Simon(pulls his girlfriend away from a security guard she has repeatedly stabbed)"I think he's dead my dear."

Mclaine, "There never was a bomb in a school, was there?"

Simon, "Of course not. I'm a soldier, not a monster. Though I sometimes work for monsters."

"Yesterday, we were an army without a country. Tomorrow...we have to decide which country we want to buy!"

The original. Alan Rickman was great as the villain.

original reigns supreme but Vengeance grows on me whenever I rewatch it

The first 3 were all masterpieces and I liked the 4th one too. Always been a Timothy Olyphant fan.

Jackson put 3 over the top for me though.

1 and 3 had the best bad guys, which is fitting since they were brothers. 3 had Sam Jackson, but, I think the first was the best of the bunch.

Of course, 4 has Mary Elizabeth Winstead, so yeah, that was awesome.

Dude sadly I've only seen the last one. That should hurt on mancard points but I used to enjoy the game

i had more fun playing that game than most. an all time classic. wish they would remake w/ todays technology.

Die Hard with a Vengeance - no doubt about it.

when he calls in the fake cop shooting to get through all the traffic quickly - genius. i do that all the time.

Die Hard is the best movie of all time.

Die Hard
Die Hard with a Vengeance

The other two are actually really shitty movies elevated by Brucie

Back