What is your favorite city, sherdoggers?

I enjoyed Charlotte way more than I thought I would. Austin is a great town.

Funny, my impression of Los Angelenos has been the complete opposite. Everyone has been cool as shit. They ask me how I'm liking it out here and welcome me with open arms. They say it's the transplants that come out here and put on airs about living dat glamorous Hollywood lifestyle that give the people of LA a bad name.

I just can't stand the people man. Not that they're particularly unfriendly. It's the nature of the city. Everyone is a special little snowflake trying to stand out and be individual. Crazy clothing, piercings, tattoos, haircuts, etc etc. Everyone is just screaming for attention and I can't stand people like that.

Manchester, England, is my favourite city on Earth. But New York City is certainly very close.

Obviously, everyone is biased towards their own home, but I really do love mine.

San Diego and Lake Tahoe. Shout out to Charleston as well.

In Boston, and I think it's a great place to live.
I'd love to live in NYC for a couple of years. It's always been fun to visit, but it would be difficult for me to find a job in my line of work.
I hope to eventually end up some place warmer. I do love living in cities, so I can't see myself going rural any time soon.

Home City's shouldn't be allowed.

Edinburgh, Scotland.

Currently living in Vancouver and it's a great city. I really enjoyed Austin, TX. I probably had the most fun I've ever had over a 3 days span downtown in Toronto but that was with good friends and lots of alcohol, so I think that's less about the city and more about the folks I was with.

I just can't stand the people man. Not that they're particularly unfriendly. It's the nature of the city. Everyone is a special little snowflake trying to stand out and be individual. Crazy clothing, piercings, tattoos, haircuts, etc etc. Everyone is just screaming for attention and I can't stand people like that.

Yeah I get that. artistic types tend to be eccentric. And this city is big on the arts....

Loved visiting Chicago. Big city with lots of different cultures to check out, great food, and people were still friendly.

Yeah I get that. artistic types tend to be eccentric. And this city is big on the arts....

I also have a great dislike for pollution and crime, I factor it into my city ratings higher than other people do. Clean air and water are high up on my priorities. Take SLC for example, absolutely gorgeous city, unbelieveable recreation, excellent public transit, sweet night life. Without the pollution I'd give it a 9. Factor the pollution and west valley crime in, it's a 7 at best.

LA without the pollution and crime would be an amazing city. You can even keep the artsy douches and it would still be grea.t

I also have a great dislike for pollution and crime, I factor it into my city ratings higher than other people do. Clean air and water are high up on my priorities. Take SLC for example, absolutely gorgeous city, unbelieveable recreation, excellent public transit, sweet night life. Without the pollution I'd give it a 9. Factor the pollution and west valley crime in, it's a 7 at best.

LA without the pollution and crime would be an amazing city. You can even keep the artsy douches and it would still be grea.t

I spent 26 years in Florida and have never been as happy as I have moving to LA. For me, the city offers:

Beautiful weather
Lots of neighborhoods with vastly different vibes (Hollywood Hills, Silver Lake, Santa Monica, DTLA, etc.)
Beach
Hiking in the hills
Lots of creative types (art, writing, music, film, theater)
Great public transit options (Uber, Lyft, Rental Bicycles, Bus, Subway)
Lots of points of interest that are hidden away... no shortage of interesting things to discover
Lane splitting on a motorcycle is legal
Higher standard of income (jobs tend to pay more, etc.)
Economic opportunities that aren't available anywhere else (the chance to work or attend private events, parties, etc. held by celebrities, studios, executives, etc.)

For me the biggest cons are parking, traffic, and homelessness. Being on a motorcycle negates parking (easy to find) and traffic (I can cut between the cars). The homeless problem is just a matter of moving to the right neighborhood where it's less of an issue.

Zamboanga,philippines. Becoz people there speak spanish

This is my top ten. Only including cities I've actually visited. In no particular order:

Boston
Paris
Miami
London
Rome
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Amsterdam
Venice
Chicago

No love for my city?

This is my top ten. Only including cities I've actually visited. In no particular order:

Boston
Paris
Miami
London
Rome
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Amsterdam
Venice
Chicago

No love for my city?
Unfortunately, it didn't meet my criteria. I only wanted to include cities I'd actually been to because then I could truly judge the city based on real life experience. However, I think I'll do a list of ten domestic and international cities I haven't been to, but would most like to visit:

US:

New Orleans
Seattle
Portland
Las Vegas
San Diego
Honolulu
Anchorage
St. Augustine, FL
Tampa
Orlando

World:

Tokyo
Barcelona
Bangkok
Rio De Janeiro
Buenos Aires
Ho Chi Minh City
Istanbul
Phnom Penh
Cancun
Pattaya

I would put Tallinn Estonia up on the list for best cities.

Dude, aren't you in Washington?? Seattle must drive you bananas.

Back