What is your earliest memory of the internet? Your first computer?

Simple Southerner

Etriviere By Hermes Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It was 1999 when i bought an iMac G3. Not sure what color variant, either blue or blueberry but the translucent colored plastic was neat at the time. It also used CDs and had the hockey puck shaped mouse. It must have been the slot-loading model because I recognize the front.

What is your earliest memory of the internet? And what was your first computer?

Ya remember dial up shit took an hour to sign up what crap lol

First memory:
Playing Wheel of Fortune on a monochrome Tandy that we got second-hand from the firehouse my dad belonged to.

Second memory:
Loading Doom 2 on my parents Gateway 2000 from floppy disks over Easter break and playing that shit nonstop.

Earliest memory of the Internet:
AOL for DOS :confused:

Last edited:
1994 a friend from school told me about it and he had to call a modem pool in the capital since there were none in the city we lived in, I only remember the page he himself made but I'm sure we looked at some other stuff. I had been on BBS's long before that though, my first modem was a 2400 Baud modem. That's 300 bytes per second, slow as shit.

My first computer was a Texas Instrument 99/4A... Later had a C64 and then an Amiga... very reluctant to go over to PC. Nowadays they are awesome though, but wish Commodore survived and Apple tanked instead.

Late 90s, dial up. Had your typical box monitor and desktop that my brother got.

Computer - Watching my older brother play Wolfenstein 3D and being mesmerized that computer games could have blood.

Internet - Watched the Star Wars Ep1 Trailer within an hour of it being on the web.

Ya remember dial up shit took an hour to sign up what crap lol

It was the worst. I remember when me and my cousin finally started playing games online and family members would kicks us off trying to call our parents. My cousin was ruthless though and just kept trying to reconnect and wouldn't let them get through. They would eventually call my house and I'd have to message him online and then he knew he had to get off cause word would get back to his mom about what he was doing.

Early/mid 2000’s, dial up shitbox, would be furious when my mum would make a phone call and it would kick me off Runescape

Going into chat rooms and telling people I got the biggest dick in there.

I remember my first time going online about 22 years ago. I went to an AOL chat room and talked to a guy named sublime from Australia. I got bored after like 10 minutes and let my sister use it.

Back