What is Your Drive-From-Work Routine?

I usually eat nothing on the way home from work, but I usually drink water or Gatorade because I’m always thirsty after work. I’ll drive straight home unless filling up for gas.​

Going to work I’ll usually drink an energy drink or tang. I sometimex stop at a gas station because I’m never in a hurry to get there.

Get into vehicle
start vehicle
light smoke
buckle up
drive home
toss smoke into trash
walk into house.

Step one: find hooker on a corner outside the highway ramp

Step two: get a blowy for 45 minutes

Step three: drop her off on another corner and arrive home

About a twenty minute commute to home blasting metal at obscene volumes.

This is my ride....it's a trigger-inducing image, so I put it in spoiler tags.
eAnGIVM.jpg

If you dont have the skill to park it actually in the parking space, inside the lines, then you shouldnt be driving a vehicle that big

I have a 2 hour commute home each evening. My routine is to load up audible on Apple CarPlay, get fuel if needed, and then pray to the traffic gods.
That sounds horrific. I honestly couldn't spend that much time in traffic without going nuts. Do you have any options of moving closer to work? I leave home at 6 am, drop my wife to her office at 6:15, and I'm at work by 6:30. Coming home is about 30-40 minutes. No stop, just going straight home.

I'm retiring in 3 years and I will never have to commute again. Moving to a small town with no traffic, no crowds. That's heaven to me.

Likewise. Open country road is easy as pie. On city streets, assume everyone is trying to kill you.
This. I avoid riding my bike in the city since I've had too many close calls. Idiots who text while driving are making this even worse now. Thankfully from my place it takes me 2 minutes to be on small county roads.

I'm like a 5 minute drive or half hour walk

I typically walk

Everything is ice so I have cheapo Walmart spike strips that attach to my boot soles. They don't stay on so I wrap bungee cords around my feet to do the trick

Sometimes I see deer

About a 30 minute drive. I hate making stops. After work I want to go from point a to point b. I don't know why my wife ever asks me to pick up stuff on the way home cause 9 times out of 10 I get tunnel vision and forget to stop.

15 minute commute. Drink water, listen to music for about 5 min, then call my wife. We have a rule, we talk about work on the drive home. By the time we both get home, no work talk allowed. Good or bad.

Approximately 6 minute drive. Unless I get stopped at the rail road crossing in town then it might be 10.

About a 30 minute drive. I hate making stops. After work I want to go from point a to point b. I don't know why my wife ever asks me to pick up stuff on the way home cause 9 times out of 10 I get tunnel vision and forget to stop.

I'm in such a hurry to get home after work any stop is like pulling teeth. In my mind, a stop is a one-way trip into deeper traffic.

40 to 90 minute drive, depending on what days i actually work. stopping is not an option, but if im working weekends or public holidays' i can do it in 20-25 minutes.

5km commute. I ride my bicycle. Takes about 15-20 minutes.

I usually listen to podcast on my bluetooth headset.

20-30 minutes for me, I channel surf XM in between road raging on idiots...

That sounds horrific. I honestly couldn't spend that much time in traffic without going nuts. Do you have any options of moving closer to work? I leave home at 6 am, drop my wife to her office at 6:15, and I'm at work by 6:30. Coming home is about 30-40 minutes. No stop, just going straight home.

I'm retiring in 3 years and I will never have to commute again. Moving to a small town with no traffic, no crowds. That's heaven to me.

It is horrific. My average schedule is to be on the road at 5:15 am to start work at 6:30 and leave work at 4:30 to be home by 6:30pm. I’ll likely be moving closer to my office this summer and it will be down to a 45 minute commute.

The Bay Area is just saturated right now and traffic is everywhere.

Back