What is your definition of a "hater"?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1N5p8IXzNdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Someone who unreasonably shits on anything or any idea someone else has.

Or somebody that tries to sabotage someone else's beneficial situation.

from what i have gathered, most of the people who use the word "hater" are, in fact, idiots and are doing stupid things that people think are ridiculous. So a "hater" is someone with a good sense of what is sensible and reasonable.

this ^^^

A hater is someone who hates something or someone.

People I know who use hater the most are usually very sensitive but they put on a front to act tough or hard, they can't accept any criticism and usually just jump to "hater" or "haters gonna hate"

They are usually infatuated with pop/hip pop culture and have no identity of their own.

Although I don't hear it much anymore because I made it a priority to distance myself from these people.

hi-hater-bye-hater-5331.jpg

i remember the first time i rolled...

Haters hate everything, except for themselves.

I saw a guy the other day with a handlebar Mustache, a shirt with a wolf on it and a hat that said 'I heart Haters.'

How could anyone hate on that guy? Keep fighting the good fight, my Friend!

This word is constantly used, and it doesn't seem to make sense to me. If someone doesn't like someone or some thing then they are a hater, especially if that person or thing is popular.

Is that pretty much what a hater is?

only douchbags use the term

i have much better arguments against someone who has a viewpoint that is contrary to mine than to call them a hater like some hotdog faced git

People I know who use hater the most are usually very sensitive but they put on a front to act tough or hard, they can't accept any criticism and usually just jump to "hater" or "haters gonna hate"

This is the answer. Maybe it started as a way to call someone out for their unwarranted jealousy, but this is what it seems to be used for now. For me, it's a red flag if I'm just getting to know somebody and they say it (especially if they say it frequently).

this is funny to me, especially so being that words like "hater" & the condescending use of the word "son" were used hard way back in the late 80s & early 90s.

not sure how it was back then outside of NY/the East Coast but it's amazing to me how shit like this catches on so late everywhere else. from the internet to television shows & on & on, it's kinda funny.

a few years ago I used the word "dope" on here, as in, "that shit is dope" & some jackoff actually questioned my use of such a word as if I was making up some slang. now again, I see every so often that same word commonly used.

Back