What is your deepest fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only hopping the ball with ye. Was up there a few months ago and the city center is grand, just a few boogies on some of the estates responsible for the bad rep.

My father is a retired Guard and he always said, he'd only need a night and about 6 bullets to sort out Waterford. It's only 2 or 3 families responsible for most of the real trouble and it's always to do with drugs.

Ah yeah I know, the city is grand bar near the train station and then it's just 3 or 4 estates.

Haha. I haven't actually been to Waterford city but I've had a few great nights in Dungarvan. Never really heard it was particularly rough or anything.

If there are any students living in the Belfast "Holy Lands" reading this, please post your experiences of the night for the lols.

not a student but close to there
car alarm going off right now, fireworks in distance
lots of people milling around, saw one guy clip another with a weak ass punch before their respective pals pulled them apart , general shouting etc........actualy one of the quieter holylands st paddys in a while..........so far that is
:icon_lol:

i'm going out, but only for a bit. if it fell on a friday, then i'd be out all night.

not a student but close to there
car alarm going off right now, fireworks in distance
lots of people milling around, saw one guy clip another with a weak ass punch before their respective pals pulled them apart , general shouting etc........actualy one of the quieter holylands st paddys in a while
:icon_lol:

The night is young. Keep me posted :icon_chee

il try but il doubt il look at my phone too much when im wasted
maybe type up and after action report in the morning...if i remember anything that is
:icon_chee

Nice one mate. Poor residents lol. I lived on the Lisburn Road as an undergrad, but the holylands were where you ended up on St Paddy's lol. Have a good one.

Ah yeah I know, the city is grand bar near the train station and then it's just 3 or 4 estates.

Haha. I haven't actually been to Waterford city but I've had a few great nights in Dungarvan. Never really heard it was particularly rough or anything.

No.1 in assaults weapons and explosive charges last year and also one of the highest unemployment rates in the country.

But then again, this is considered one of the rougher parts of the city, it's not exactly a ghetto.

clonard.jpg

This is only fight pass prelims, main card wont start until the pubs close.

No.1 in assaults weapons and explosive charges last year and also one of the highest unemployment rates in the country.

But then again, this is considered one of the rougher parts of the city, it's not exactly a ghetto.

clonard.jpg

This is only fight pass prelims, main card wont start until the pubs close.

Would subscribe to.

Had a couple green beers earlier today, but I don't think I'm going out tonight.

"This St. Patrick's Day--if you want to get drunk, just get drunk. Don't blame Ireland. Why is the drunk the only Irish icon we celebrate on March 17? What about the unreadable novelist, the unwatchable playwright, the unbearable clog dancer? Or the fat cop, the crooked mayor, the shifty bomber, the incompetent waitress, the fiery spinster schoolmarm, the dowdy upstairs maid, and the sadistic lesbian nun?"

[Bill Maher]

I saw less than 5 people wear green today at work. :icon_sad:

I think, instead of pinching people who don't wear green, we should be legally allowed to punch people in the face.

clonard.jpg

Jesus! I wouldn't have thought that at all.

I am def pissing green today.....hangovers are why I can only do this once a week.

Ok so I have been a bit off the ball lately but I am starting to understand why.

It is because I have had to deal with my outer reality non stop for a while and I have had to resist dealing with my inner self.

I have been thinking about Rosey's funeral and what to say as well as work and I've had both my children over the past few day's. Plus paddy's which involved some drinking.

So Rosey's funeral was beautiful. I met an old boss and teacher who strangely enough I was thinking about only moments before arriving, although I haven't seen this man in over ten years.

I told him I had just been thinking about something he had taught me once. He laughed and said sorry. I couldn't remember what it was about him that I was thinking about.

I go in and the church is full. I'd say close to 500 people. She obviously touched a few people in her short time. The black gospel choir starts singing upbeat joyful songs. A few are clapping and dancing.

A lovely story from Rosey's mum which touched me deep and then the tears of joy started and there was no stopping them for a time.

I'm at the back. Then I hear my name being called out. I go up, I thank Rosey's mum and step dad for trusting in me since they really don't know me from Adam.

Then I remember George my old boss. I remember he taught me to face my fears. I start to speak. I can't remember my speech but I know I cut it short on purpose because who wants to talk forever right.

It was around the theme of facing our fears and stories of hope. As terrified as I was I must have done ok because I got a small applause.

Anyway, I ended up drunk, losing my phone and not going in to work which caused me to lose my job.

So yeah, all the above has taken up my time from my self experiment. I apologise.

So now the show must go on. Losing my job troubled me somewhat all day for the obvious reasons, bills, responsibilities my incorrect attitude that money is the root of all evil lol. Then I remembered that money is just something we invented in order to keep going. In order to live long enough to keep searching for our own personal answers. The more money you have the easier it is to find clues and pass that info down to people searching in the right places.

This has grown and grown over time and some people have simply lost sight of the goal.

So I tell my boss, no hard feelings, thanks for the work, if it wasn't for him I would not have made such good friends. I.e Rosey x. And my adventure would never have started.

I am working on a few subjects but it looks like I may have to take that job offer in order to continue on with my research into my self.

But as I have had the best outer progress by helping people and listening I may look into a field working in care, or maybe a job in listening to peoples problems such as child line or working with the elderly.

I'm not sure yet, but I no longer have as much scorn for the super filthy rich as I used to lol

Haha, thank god for science I was able to find this thread and remember what the fuck I was talking about!

Anyway, I was driving and listening to BBC radio 4 like I used to do. Not so much anymore.

Some scientist was on talking about climate change. He said that we are basically counting on technology which doesn't even exist yet to save us. He said that the best we could do now is to acknowledge the danger as the damage is currently irreversible.

Then I remember the interview finished and the radio hosts jokingly said well it's warm today. This was in the winter btw.

What infuriated me at the time was that this guy is an expert in his field and he was telling us something extremely important. His life's work as a scientist and it was turned into a joke within seconds.

Jesus Christ, how pissed off must that guy be?

Pretty sure I have said this before though. Weird...

Many more people have been killed in the arguments over who worships the right non-existent deity than in disputes over science.

Let me preface this by saying I am an Athiest.

I believe religion is often a convenient excuse for people to murder, wage war on, etc., and not the cause. I have seen what you posted written and said many times. But really, the data shows that religion is really more of a recruiting tool than anything. At least that is according to religious scholars that I have heard speak on NPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back