What Is Wrong With Using Other People's Moves?

Michael Jordan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Everyone gives Jon Jones shit for crawling into the cage/ crawling at the beginning of the fight because Silva or Rashad did it before him and he's just copying. I see no benefit of Jones doing it, but if he feels that it works for him, who cares? Why is it bad to use something that someone else does?

people will always find something to bitch about, especially around these parts

It's Jones. people will find something to rip on him about regardless of its relevance.

because its lame to steal a non fighting move that sets one person apart to the fans from other fighters. Just like it would be wrong for a new cola company to call it coca cola and have the same logo. Fighting moves on the other hand are free game but intros, hand singles etc stealing is kind of lame.

I thought you meant fight moves...

It was kinda lame to copy 'Shad like that.

Why not come up with something original?

nothing wrong with using other's fight moves...but stealing their fluff/style moves is a little cheesy

But Jones is using it for an advantage to him; it is becoming a part of him. He isn't just copying to be cool.

who even did that thing first? do any of us know?

and i see that move kinda as a mental thing, see make your opponent slip up.

It isn't pro wrestling, NO ONE has any signature moves

1st 1/2 of this is right - 2nd 1/2 not so much

hendesonpyramidbeforema.png

It isn't pro wrestling, NO ONE has any signature moves

They do. Not as obvious as wrasslin, but plenty of fighters have techniques they utilise frequently. Chuck's overhand right is a notorious one, as is Cro Cop's LHK.

It's not Tekken dude.

who even did that thing first? do any of us know?

and i see that move kinda as a mental thing, see make your opponent slip up.

Thought Anderson did his 1st title fight against Rich. Could be wrong.

Everyone is copying the Neanderthals who invented the punch.

Back