What is with these guys and their horrific gameplans?

Bu11etproof_JBE

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So what, a fighter reaches his mid 30s and thats it? They are completely shot and now have horrific gameplans? Being knocked out with shoulders, completely telegraphing uppercuts from a distance?

I mean, what in the actual fuck? JDA literally looked like a kid throwing punches after his first day at Jimmie John's karate school, before you even get a uniform. I thought he was an elite striker? Who the fuck throws a short punch at a distance like that, let alone telegraphs the fuck out of it? Then you have Curtis' girlfriend waving her arms in the air like shes at a Harlem nightclub with lil John DJing.

The last time I remember that nonsense was when Chuck Liddell tried it against Rashad Evans, then had his head taken off.

I literally dont get it. Are these guys just not the caliber strikers that I originally thought they were?

Odd fights lately...

Last edited:
to TS last point, things evolve, people catch up, what was elite becomes baseline, new elite emerges, that's at least part of it.

Chins tend to fade over time, too, Chuck and Junior both definitely show that.

to TS last point, things evolve, people catch up, what was elite becomes baseline, new elite emerges, that's at least part of it.

But Junior never pulled shit like that in previous fights...

is JDA the kid of Junior dos Santos and Rafael dos Anjos?

TS lost a bet lmao

yeah because the previous evidence has shown JDS is coming to start another run for the title .... hes collecting paychecks watch his last fight and this one hes not trying to take damage hes padding up and comers records with a previous champion win just like RDA its how UFC builds their legitmacy for contenders

Yep when I was watching on my entertainment home theatre system. (See pic below) I noticed some dumb game plans

they're not confident. at least that's what i saw in JDS when he threw that ugly uppercut.

So what, a fighter reaches his mid 30s and thats it? They are completely shot and now have horrific gameplans? Being knocked out with shoulders, completely telegraphing uppercuts from a distance?

I mean, what in the actual fuck? JDA literally looked like a kid throwing punches after his first day at Jimmie John's karate school, before you even get a uniform. I thought he was an elite striker? Who the fuck throws a short punch at a distance like that, let alone telegraphs the fuck out of it? Then you have Curtis' girlfriend waving her arms in the air like shes at a Harlem nightclub with lil John DJing.

The last time I remember that nonsense was when Chuck Liddell tried it against Rashad Evans, then had his head taken off.

I literally dont get it. Are these guys just not the caliber strikers that I originally thought they were?

Odd fights lately...
Injuries mean you can't train like you used to. That makes you slower and weaker. Which limits what you can do.
Injuries also mean you can't move like you used to. That also limits what you can do.

Also now is an interesting time period with USADA. I'm not gonna say who I'm thinking of but a few guys fighting tonight started declining right when USADA showed up. Make of that what you will.

RDA and JDS have been fighting for a long time. You don't see it from the outside but their bodies are fucked up.

But yeah, early 30s, actually late 20s, are "it" for 99% of sports. Early-mid 30s especially, you fall fast.

Odd fights lately...

Who TF is JDA??? Is he related to RDS???

But Junior never pulled shit like that in previous fights...
Yeah he did. He pulled that shit all the time

Look at the punch he KOd Werdum with.

werdumktfo.gif

Look at the punch he KOd Cain with. Right before this he had his hands at his waist and threw a 1-2 to the body lol.

qyxnoo.gif

That right haymaker; the right hands tonight were actually straighter and more controlled, less wild. That winded up uppercut. I saw that shit tonight. He threw those exact same punches tonight.

When he was 28, he was super fast and that shit landed and knocked fuckers out cold. When it missed he could quickly step back out before he got countered. Now at 35, it whiffs air and he gets tagged and knocked out cold before he can finish stepping back out of range.

werdumktfo.gif

Look at the punch he KOd Cain with. Right before this he had his hands at his waist and threw a 1-2 to the body lol.

qyxnoo.gif

That right haymaker; the right hands tonight were actually straighter and more controlled, less wild. That winded up uppercut. I saw that shit tonight. He threw those exact same punches tonight.

When he was 28, he was super fast and that shit landed and knocked fuckers out cold. When it missed he could quickly step back out before he got countered. Now at 35, it whiffs air and he gets tagged and knocked out cold before he can finish stepping back out of range.
Great post. I ca,e here to say something similar. JDS has ALWAYS fired from the hip

Thats what good wrestlers do though.... They get you focussed on the takedown defense which usually has a negative effect on your striking ability

werdumktfo.gif

qyxnoo.gif

it may not be technically sound, or smart, but damn I love that Werdum uppercut

it may not be technically sound, or smart, but damn I love that Werdum uppercut
JDS actually had me thinking about Deontay Wilder. He just throws crazy shit too. It works for him now. But he's 34. Is he in for a huge decline just like overnight in the next 1-2-3 years when his speed drops off? He's also only like 215 lbs, so if he starts eating shots he's gonna get knocked silly.

JDS actually had me thinking about Deontay Wilder. He just throws crazy shit too. It works for him now. But he's 34. Is he in for a huge decline just like overnight in the next 1-2-3 years when his speed drops off? He's also only like 215 lbs, so if he starts eating shots he's gonna get knocked silly.

idk a ton about Wilder, haven't watched his entire career by any means, but isn't his wild stuff usually after someone is in serious danger? i know when he smells blood he starts wind milling like crazy.

accumulated damage has a lot to do with it, JDS never seemed the same after Cain. some guys survive on bad technique, massive power, and an iron chin, but the chins always fade.

ultimately nobody beats father time, some just stay ahead a bit longer.

There is nothing evolved about the combo that Blaydes landed on JDS.

JDS is just washed up. That's it.

Back