What is with Cigano's new personality?

he's been mad ever since the Overeem incident.

As someone who has followed his career closely since UFC 90, I don't see much difference other than being asked a lot more questions, learning to speak English fluently(which he should get more credit for, since he didn't speak a lick of English a few years ago), and the fact that he talks about breaking records instead of winning the title, since the title is already his.

Same JDS. Reem and Cain fans gonna hate.

As someone who has followed his career closely since UFC 90, I don't see much difference other than being asked a lot more questions, learning to speak English fluently(which he should get more credit for, since he didn't speak a lick of English a few years ago), and the fact that he talks about breaking records instead of winning the title, since the title is already his.

Same JDS. Reem and Cain fans gonna hate.

Those haters are reaching, making up stuff and reading too much into simple things. Incredible how a guy like JDS manged to get those.

He's never been humble. How could somebody who is mentored by Nog possibly be? Calling himself the baddest man on the planet, saying Klistcko is boring and he would knock him out, etc.

I don't like some of things he's said, but the baddest man on the planet thing is just him saying a UFC tagline with the same child-like smile. No issue with that. Don't like what he said about Klitschko, but he didn't say he would knock him out, he simply said he had confidence that he COULD--yes he called their style boring at times, but he praised their skill and technique and only said that they play safe sometimes in regards to the boring line.

Nog is easily one of the most arrogant fighters in the sport (yeah...he's somehow convinced the masses that he's this saint), but JDS is still much better than what Nog has been personality wise.

I don't like some of things he's said, but the baddest man on the planet thing is just him saying a UFC tagline with the same child-like smile. No issue with that. Don't like what he said about Klitschko, but he didn't say he would knock him out, he simply said he had confidence that he COULD--yes he called their style boring at times, but he praised their skill and technique and only said that they play safe sometimes in regards to the boring line.

Nog is easily one of the most arrogant fighters in the sport (yeah...he's somehow convinced the masses that he's this saint), but JDS is still much better than what Nog has been personality wise.

Get use to it. In a day and age when the Champ gets more $$$$ for more viewers, marketing comes into play.

This...how can any be shocked at this point? have you ever seen anyone as champion? As soon as your the champ the media comes down on you and you must use some sort of ''persona'' or have something to make your marketable or at least be able to answer questions earnestly... it's lame but that's how we make money in fighting sports. I know JDS is genuine decent guy so none of the stuff in the media matters.

Stop paying so much attention to it.

That's fine. But I don't really understand how that changed your whole perspective on JDS. In another post you said it started with the Mir comment, but other than that and what's been said between him and Overeem, how's he becoming this arrogant guy some people make him out to be? I'll admit the Mir comment caught me off guard, but I also took it with a grain of salt because of the animosity he probably felt for the breaking of Nog's arm, even if it was an unintentional jab at Nog. Either way, to each their own.

I didn't say it changed my perspective of him, I still think he is the same guy really, and I am still neutral on him, I don't dislike or like him, I just thought his comments about Mir were disrespectful and JDS was trying something new to try to get more viewers, he should just be himself, he isn't good at trash talking.

I think you are confusing me for someone who said that JDS is arrogant, I just think he was trying something new, trash talking and he isn't good at it.

Back