What is with Cigano's new personality?

He's still the same old JDS. He just answers the questions that is all.

The Mexican guy at the presser asked Cain if he's ready to prove JDS wrong. Isn't that rather insulting? Everyone seems to be selling him short but Cain gets praise left and right.

For all that JDS has accomplished and him being a genuinely nice person, a lot of people still shit on him and underestimate him. I hope he wins impressively and in a devastating fashion tonight.

OP you are reaching hard.

I don't think he's changed that much, he said what he said about Mir when he didn't think the camera was on him, and I'm sure he was mad at Frank for snapping his friend's arm.

He just really hates Overeem though. That's one of the rare feuds in MMA that isn't faked imo.

Recently I get the impression he actually goes out of his way to make a statement towards his opponents.

I don't think he has changed much as a person because of the extremely humble roots he comes from however is he making more 'noise' so to speak because he feels this outspoken character will bring in more PPV buys and subsequently he'll earn more? (The Chael Sonnen effect - nice guy invents new tv persona).
Awesome name

You seem to be taking a bit of a "bias" against Junior since you already explained the most likely reason for him saying that. I don't remember it exactly, but wasn't that part in subtitles while they were discussing the fight over dinner? It's seem more likely they used that as an angle to hype the fight, rather than JDS going out of his way to insult Mir.

I don't really care for JDS one way or the other I have never rooted for or against him except for the Mir fight but I thought JDS was going to win that one.

I didn't like him being disrespectful to a guy who was nothing but courteous to him, I have no problem with him talking shit about Overeem. They were talking over dinner but no one asked JDS about it he sort of just said it out of the blue from what I remember and he said it while Big Nog was there, IMO I don't think Big Nog liked the comment either, I wouldn't like it if a friend and training partner said a guy I got finished by twice has no heart, especially if I was kicking his ass and he recovered and broke my arm the second time.

I don't think trash talking is in JDS's nature and I think this is why he said something like this that didn't make sense and he didn't realize that he was also insulting Big Nog by insulting Mir.

I dont see it. For me he still the same. He always has been a very confident fighter, but Ive never seen he disrespect someone

Frank Mir? JDS definitely said he "wasn't a man" in the build to their fight.

Get use to it. In a day and age when the Champ gets more $$$$ for more viewers, marketing comes into play.

Thats an image which works and brings in the $$$. Humbleness doesnt put the ''just bleed'' people in the seats.

Just enjoy the fight and dont care about all the hype.

I think he's confident but he has every right to be

He's never been humble. How could somebody who is mentored by Nog possibly be? Calling himself the baddest man on the planet, saying Klistcko is boring and he would knock him out, etc.

I don't really care for JDS one way or the other I have never rooted for or against him except for the Mir fight but I thought JDS was going to win that one.

I didn't like him being disrespectful to a guy who was nothing but courteous to him, I have no problem with him talking shit about Overeem. They were talking over dinner but no one asked JDS about it he sort of just said it out of the blue from what I remember and he said it while Big Nog was there, IMO I don't think Big Nog liked the comment either, I wouldn't like it if a friend and training partner said a guy I got finished by twice has no heart, especially if I was kicking his ass and he recovered and broke my arm the second time.

I don't think trash talking is in JDS's nature and I think this is why he said something like this that didn't make sense and he didn't realize that he was also insulting Big Nog by insulting Mir.

That's fine. But I don't really understand how that changed your whole perspective on JDS. In another post you said it started with the Mir comment, but other than that and what's been said between him and Overeem, how's he becoming this arrogant guy some people make him out to be? I'll admit the Mir comment caught me off guard, but I also took it with a grain of salt because of the animosity he probably felt for the breaking of Nog's arm, even if it was an unintentional jab at Nog. Either way, to each their own.

there are journalists/reporters grilling him 24/7... some times he will deviate

+1

JDS is pretty humble, confident in his ability, what he can, and will do. Bones does it in such a condescending way, despite his raw talent, it is very off putting, and fans alike are taking back by it.

I dont see it. For me he still the same. He always has been a very confident fighter, but Ive never seen he disrespect someone

he wasn't exactly psyched about mir lol ...or maybe it was his camp being disrespectful I don't really remember to be honest.

JDS is a great guy and yeah he's trying to be a little more outspoken which is meh I don't care either way I don't pay attention to much of that stuff.

nothing has change, he is asked more questions and he is confidence just like JJ.

Haters will hate.

How is the "baddest man on the planet" supposed to act like?

Back