What is with Cigano's new personality?

Personally haven't noticed any changes at all, still seems like a humble and likeable guy.

nor have i really noticed much of a change, but we should keep in mind that the more teh media pays him attention, the more he gets teh chance to express himself and thus we get more exposure to him.

nevertheless, a fighter has to be confident, yet he still comes across humble and likeable, at least in my opinion.

Recently I get the impression he actually goes out of his way to make a statement towards his opponents.

I don't think he has changed much as a person because of the extremely humble roots he comes from however is he making more 'noise' so to speak because he feels this outspoken character will bring in more PPV buys and subsequently he'll earn more? (The Chael Sonnen effect - nice guy invents new tv persona).

It's called an interview

He's become a prick since he won the title.

"Mir isn't a man", for example.

Cain was like that too when he beat Brock.
Then when he got KO by JDS, Cain popularity die down.

If JDS loose to Cain tomorrow, his popularity will die down, but if he beat Cain again, he's gonna be the badass man in the planet and the badass HW champion.

I feel the same, he seems more cocky these days, still excited to watch em fight tomorrow

He's heavyweight champion of the world... That's got to boost your confidence a little bit. Nothing about him is arrogant though. He's hyping his fights up while remaining respectful. I really like Cain, but it

Only person i've heard any negativity toward was the Reem.

Only person i've heard any negativity toward was the Reem.

And do you blame him? I mean, the Reem is new to the UFC and is a contender after 1 fight. Ok, no real issue with that, but then he gets busted and suspended. And it looks like he is going to win one fight and be right back into contention. A lot of sherdoggers lose their minds over fighters getting shots without deserving them and I don't get that because it's about putting on competitive, entertaining fights. But cheaters truly shouldn't deserve title fights, that truly does ruin the essence of the sport.

Has JDS ever disrespected Cain? He was very respectful in every interview I've read/seen.

He was talking smack about Overeem which is understandable. Would you rather listen to fake answers Jones' style?

JDS also made some comments about Mir, probably because he finished Nog twice.

nitpicking his personality, really? maybe the nicest dude in the sport.

I think being UFC champion has gone to Junior's head and he really thinks he's the "Baddest Man on the Planet."

His ego is out of control and it's about time he was put in his place.

He was shittin on Mir ass well. Saying he wasn't a man and shit. JDS is, and imo, always has been cocky.

I think being UFC champion has gone to Junior's head and he really thinks he's the "Baddest Man on the Planet."

Your nuthuggery is showing. Maybe Overeem should have kept his mouth shut until he was done with his suspension.

Recently I get the impression he actually goes out of his way to make a statement towards his opponents.

I don't think he has changed much as a person because of the extremely humble roots he comes from however is he making more 'noise' so to speak because he feels this outspoken character will bring in more PPV buys and subsequently he'll earn more? (The Chael Sonnen effect - nice guy invents new tv persona).

you just answered your own question, threadstarter.

Stock Sherdog response right here

Seems the same to me...he hates Overeem but that's about it

Well, people are constantly in his face asking him about Overeem, a one time opponent who failed a drug test and then called JDS scared to fight him. And other times, they're beating around the bush asking if his win over Cain is legitimate because poor Cain was injured.

I'd be pissed too.

this.

Plus the fact he is talking better English, so he opens up more.

he also tries to pass a positive image, a confident image.

But this is NOTHING new.
he always said he trusts his hands and will try to KO any opponent.

Back