What is up with Sherdog's database? (John Lineker/One Championship)

kingghidrah

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
OK, I read the article about John Lineker's win in a recent One Championship event. The event results are clearly in Sherdog's database, with Lineker's win present:

https://www.sherdog.com/events/One-Championship-Inside-the-Matrix-3-87966

but on Lineker's profile, his win is absent

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/John-Lineker-41906

for a while, even after the event was entered, his fight showed as an "upcoming fight" against Belingon. Now that's gone too, but isn't replaced by the win result

Is Sherdog's database this screwy? Does a fight have to be entered in an event AND the fighter's own page? I can only imagine what a nightmare that must be to keep consistent. But I've never seen this kind of inconsistency before...where a fighter is listed in an event, and that fight doesn't show up on his own page's record.

I'm glad they've entered the One results (sometimes they don't) but something is wrong here...

I dont know how this really works...
But since the sherdog is mostly just UFC News...they are barely even mentioning other Orgs or upcoming fights.
They are pushing the UFC heavy...i think those records are updated as quick as possible. Others....not so.

I dont know how this really works...
That much is insanely clear. Why do people that clearly don't know what they're talking about insist on telling people how they think it is?

But since the sherdog is mostly just UFC News...they are barely even mentioning other Orgs or upcoming fights.
They are pushing the UFC heavy...i think those records are updated as quick as possible. Others....not so.
Because you're so far off the mark, it's almost surprising. In addition to the UFC, I personally cover Bellator, PFL, Rizin, DWCS, One, LFA, Invicta, KSW, Brave, ACA, Cage Warriors, CFFC, Titan and Fury FC, just off the top of my head, for Sherdog.

Is Sherdog's database this screwy? Does a fight have to be entered in an event AND the fighter's own page? I can only imagine what a nightmare that must be to keep consistent. But I've never seen this kind of inconsistency before...where a fighter is listed in an event, and that fight doesn't show up on his own page's record.

I'm glad they've entered the One results (sometimes they don't) but something is wrong here...

All the fights on the whole event are listed as 'exhibition' for some reason.

Nothing is wrong, nothing is inaccurate. The Reed is correct, these fights are listed as exhibitions. Many of these One shows are tape-delayed, recorded at unknown dates and times and kept "secret" for weeks or months by the promotion (including from official recordkeepers), while still allowing betting to take place on already run events. Think TUF, just on a bigger scale.

That much is insanely clear. Why do people that clearly don't know what they're talking about insist on telling people how they think it is?
So i'm not allowed to write what i think?
Its a fucking forum...moron.

Because you're so far off the mark, it's almost surprising. In addition to the UFC, I personally cover Bellator, PFL, Rizin, DWCS, One, LFA, Invicta, KSW, Brave, ACA, Cage Warriors, CFFC, Titan and Fury FC, just off the top of my head, for Sherdog.
I click on MMA News and the last 7 out of your 9 MMA News are UFC related...

I click on Articles...4 out of your 7 Articles are about the UFC.

Not saying you arent doing other stuff...
Sherdog is heavily about the UFC...

these fights are listed as exhibitions. Many of these One shows are tape-delayed, recorded at unknown dates and times and kept "secret" for weeks or months by the promotion (including from official recordkeepers), while still allowing betting to take place on already run events.

Wow, I didn't know that.

So it's at the bottom under pro exhibition. Is there a way to tell which upcoming ONE events are going to be held this way? Because most of the results are listed in the regular record...

One is a pretty screwy org, no doubt, but they have a lot of good fighters, and I like their weight cutting prohibitions, though that makes them screwy too in terms of comparing weight classes.

Thanks for the info. I'll check the "pro exib" section from now on

It would be super helpful in Fight Finder if under the event, Amateur or Exhibition fights were listed separately like they are under the fighter's page. There's no way to tell unless you go to the fighter's page and see the fight is not under the main section. Just a thought.

no one updates or even uses sherdog dot com anymore
all the records are on tapology now

Wow, I didn't know that.

So it's at the bottom under pro exhibition. Is there a way to tell which upcoming ONE events are going to be held this way? Because most of the results are listed in the regular record...

One is a pretty screwy org, no doubt, but they have a lot of good fighters, and I like their weight cutting prohibitions, though that makes them screwy too in terms of comparing weight classes.

Thanks for the info. I'll check the "pro exib" section from now on
Yeah, the promotion place the "previously recorded" tag on their fight posters (and they disclose it to media), and they're very apt to say when a card is live these days. They have had a few live ones since coming back from the pandemic like https://www.sherdog.com/events/One-Championship-Reign-of-Dynasties-86175, https://www.sherdog.com/events/One-Championship-A-New-Breed-86161 and https://www.sherdog.com/events/One-Championship-Inside-the-Matrix-86163, but they are few and far between.

See for example these two posters.

matrix1.jpeg matrix2.jpg

Well that's one way to make money....pass along info, for a fee, about which fighters to bet on....!

Back