What is up with people taking cats and dogs as "children" instead of real children?

rushbeg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What is up with this mentality? Do they really consider dogs and cats to be their children?
How acceptable and supportive of this behavior are you ? Does any of you have the same mentality?

Nothing wrong with treating pets good as they should be treated , but acting like they are your childrens and things like that really doesn't make sense in a logic way.
I've also noticed that a good portion of people who pretend that their pets are blue-haired SJW-s from LGBT community (Both male and female).

From where I come from you'd be considered mentally ill if you pretend that your pet is your "Children".

What are your thoughts on this Sherdoggers?

I feel ok about it. I guess if I pondered it a while I'd feel a little sad. Doesn't really mean anything though, sure there's a nurturing mechanism that fires off at other shit than kids. So?

You love your Kid, you love your pet, if you had to choose between the two, any normal person would choose their kid, over their pet...

I might choose my pet over your kid, but thats a different conversation..;)

They'r retards. Worked at a prosecutors office where a couple of them acted like kids were a cancer. They're retards. Literally missing something normal in their brain.

Another thing that's been pushed, people ate up like morons, and now push themselves.

Animals are great.
And they need more supporters and love.
And, sure, your pet may add a lot more to your life than a random stranger or acquaintance.
And torturing and abusing animals (including a lot of factory farming techniques) is very wrong.
And the extinction of species is a horrific thing that isn't taken seriously enough.

All that said, people who treat their cat or dog like a child (and especially those who think others need to, too) are mental.

Your child carries your genes, your pet doesn't
Your child learns heavily what they need to do to survive from you, your pet doesn't
Your child grows and develops (mentally) enormously over their life, your pet doesn't
Your child will hopefully live a long, full live, even after you are gone, of 75 years or so. Your pet, maybe 10-15.
Your child understands and absorbs an enormous amount of what they are exposed to, your pet usually doesn't and usually doesn't give much of a crap.
Other people sometimes have allergies to pets, they don't have allergies to children.

Ask any parent "if there were a fire and you could only get your child or your pet" and see how long they need to think about it. Or "if you could definitely rescue one or a 50/50 chance of getting both, but if you fail you get neither".

Spoiling your pets is fine. Having some fun with them and being silly is fine. Thinking they're the same as children, no.

I suspect they had too much thoughtless careless disease sex that damaged their uterus so can't have kids.

As long as they treat their animals well, who cares?

Lol at being angry cause people show their pets too much love.
I said in the first post , Nothing wrong with treating your pet well.

But treating them and claiming them to be your "Children" is delusional.
Animals are great.
And they need more supporters and love.
And, sure, your pet may add a lot more to your life than a random stranger or acquaintance.
And torturing and abusing animals (including a lot of factory farming techniques) is very wrong.
And the extinction of species is a horrific thing that isn't taken seriously enough.

All that said, people who treat their cat or dog like a child (and especially those who think others need to, too) are mental.

Your child carries your genes, your pet doesn't
Your child learns heavily what they need to do to survive from you, your pet doesn't
Your child grows and develops (mentally) enormously over their life, your pet doesn't
Your child will hopefully live a long, full live, even after you are gone, of 75 years or so. Your pet, maybe 10-15.
Your child understands and absorbs an enormous amount of what they are exposed to, your pet usually doesn't and usually doesn't give much of a crap.
Other people sometimes have allergies to pets, they don't have allergies to children.

Ask any parent "if there were a fire and you could only get your child or your pet" and see how long they need to think about it. Or "if you could definitely rescue one or a 50/50 chance of getting both, but if you fail you get neither".

Spoiling your pets is fine. Having some fun with them and being silly is fine. Thinking they're the same as children, no.
Great assessment.
They'r retards. Worked at a prosecutors office where a couple of them acted like kids were a cancer. They're retards. Literally missing something normal in their brain.

Another thing that's been pushed, people ate up like morons, and now push themselves.
The type you mentioned are the most retarded of all. How the hell can you hate and insult childrens?
Hating on "breeding" is the dumbest thing ever. These people hate the process of life itself.

I said in the first post , Nothing wrong with treating your pet well.

But treating them and claiming them to be your "Children" is delusional.

Great assessment.

The type you mentioned are the most retarded of all. How the hell can you hate and insult childrens?
Hating on "breeding" is the dumbest thing ever. These people hate the process of life itself.
That's true. Its low(est) class thinking that morons think is high class.

A lot of people nowadays just don't want to have kids. Can be for several reasons.

Many of them will tell you its about the population, carbon footprint etc. which is true to an extent, but its also about the added work, stress and responsibility of raising a child. Pets are just easier. They aren't your kids but they are easier.

I'm on the fence myself about having kids. I'm not super hopeful about our future rn i don't know if itl be fair to bring someone into this shit show.

I saw so many butt hurt ladies on Mother's Day upset about people ragging on them about being a "dog mom" or a "cat mom", and others saying "bitch, go have a kid and call yourself a mom then." It was hilarious.

You're not a fucking animal parent. You're an animal owner. Unless you squeezed a dog out of your cooch...

I'll never marry, never have children. One by one the members of my family have been dying, and eventually I'll be alone.

I have two cats.

I don't consider them my children, and they're assholes, but they're pretty important to me.

IMG_1194.JPG

Cats are as close as filthy humans will ever get to associating with a perfect being. I love dogs too, but cats are just on another level with me. I never had any kids (that lived), but I guess I treat my cat as if she is my daughter.

I'll never marry, never have children. One by one the members of my family have been dying, and eventually I'll be alone.

I have two cats.

I don't consider them my children, and they're assholes, but they're pretty important to me.

IMG_1194.JPG

ha they look great. Will grow up to be perfect buddies to you. I have no idea how op question evolved to being about choosing who you’ll save from a fire: a child or a pet.

me and my lady are getting old and we haven’t planned on having kids and we have two awesome cats as well. I love them.

"Some people dont want to hear the truth, because they dont want their illusions destroyed"

- some dude

Back