Social What is "Toxic Masculinity"? (Study shows feminists prefer "benevolent sexists")

Horse Style

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Sleep easy, angry Sherdoggers. Science says those soyboys that haunt your dreams aren't getting laid. Women, like always, prefer masculine, assertive men over "woke" dudes who put women on pedestals.

Full Article: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...eminists-think-sexist-men-are-sexier-woke-men

In other news, the APA (American Psychological Association) believes traditional masculinity may be harmful to mental health.

Shit. And all this time I thought deferential self-loathing apologetic cucks with rainbow colored beards were laying the mack down with reckless abandon.

Shit. And all this time I thought deferential self-loathing apologetic cucks with rainbow colored beards were laying the mack down with reckless abandon.
Bro, the "I apologize on behalf of my gender" pickup line makes any chick within earshot instantly moist. Get woke, dude

Just when I think I couldn't possibly dislike them more...

Just to be a clear, they're talking about men who have more traditionally masculine and calling that sexism, which I'd say is a contentious characterization at best.

They're not talking about guys who are assholes to women, and definitely not dudes that spend all their spare time on the internet posting nasty shit about them and raging at feminists - that's how incels are made.

That aside, the revelation that manly men are more attractive to women shouldn't really be a surprise.

Lol reminds me of this gem

y1aLQvSuv6tJEOR-Iu9lo0F0dh9NF5NM-8uatCVJDaI.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-16_20-37-28.png
    upload_2019-1-16_20-37-28.png
    207.5 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:
Of course women want their men to be men. That's not to say you have to be shitty towards women and treat them as lessor people. But women don't want you to chop your nuts off and be a pussy either. Nothing attractive in that.

Last edited:
i can sense the toxic masculinity in this thread

#gillettead

Of course women want their to be men. That's not to say you have to be shitty towards women and treat them as lessor people. But women don't want you to chop your nuts off and be a pussy either. Nothing attractive in that.
What's weird is a lot of guys don't understand the difference between being a man and being a POS. My guess is they are just hurt and can't interact well with women. I think it's one of the biggest disconnects in society today.

The thing is you can be a bit of an asshole towards women (even feminists) and if they are attracted to you they'll let you get away with it as long as you're not a complete scumbag.

What's weird is a lot of guys don't understand the difference between being a man and being a POS. My guess is they are just hurt and can't interact well with women. I think it's one of the biggest disconnects in society today.

The thing is you can be a bit of an asshole towards women (even feminists) and if they are attracted to you they'll let you get away with it as long as you're not a complete scumbag.
Yep. The difference between a charming asshole and just an asshole is huge.

It's the difference between a girl going "you're such a dick" while laughing or a girl going "you're such a fucking dick!" angrily.

According to the article, women prefer men with the following beliefs as partners:
  • Women should be “put on a pedestal”
  • Women should be cherished and protected by men
  • Men should be willing to sacrifice to provide for women
  • Women are more virtuous than men
  • Women are more refined and pure, compared to men.
Well, no shit.

In my experience, though. These beliefs have to be coupled with a healthy dose of confidence and a pinch of cynicism or you'll be the friend instead of the lover.

Holy shit, here is the abstract of the study. It's hilarious that they thought it was a good idea to abbreviate "Benevolent sexism" with BS:

Benevolent sexism (BS) has detrimental effects on women, yet women prefer men with BS attitudes over those without. The predominant explanation for this paradox is that women respond to the superficially positive appearance of BS without being aware of its subtly harmful effects. We propose an alternative explanation drawn from evolutionary and sociocultural theories on mate preferences: Women find BS men attractive because BS attitudes and behaviors signal that a man is willing to invest. Five studies showed that women prefer men with BS attitudes (Studies 1a, 1b, and 3) and behaviors (Studies 2a and 2b), especially in mating contexts, because BS mates are perceived as willing to invest (protect, provide, and commit). Women preferred BS men despite also perceiving them as patronizing and undermining. These findings extend understanding of women’s motives for endorsing BS and suggest that women prefer BS men despite having awareness of the harmful consequences.

charlton laughing.gif

Yeah, well, I still think feminists are disgusting, so this doesn't exactly make me more likely to sleep with them.

The problem with the 'woke' guys I've met is that in the end they are just entitled assholes who think they've earned the right to get in your pants for being woke.

The problem with the 'woke' guys I've met is that in the end they are just entitled assholes who think they've earned the right to get in your pants for being woke.

At the end of the day, those 'woke' dudes are just trying to fuck same as any other guy.

Been saying this for years

Back