What is the worst segment you’ve ever seen on a wrestling show?

the Billy and Chuck wedding, for that matter probably every wedding segment in every organization ever, lol...

Gobbledygook, Shockmaster debut, Alexa Bliss and the Bailey this is your life, the dumb karaoke thing they did at the beginning of the pandemic, Sami and Lashley's sisters, I could prob keep going lol

the Billy and Chuck wedding, for that matter probably every wedding segment in every organization ever, lol...

Gobbledygook, Shockmaster debut, Alexa Bliss and the Bailey this is your life, the dumb karaoke thing they did at the beginning of the pandemic, Sami and Lashley's sisters, I could prob keep going lol

Billy and Chuck wedding payoff was great:

Exposing Rico for trying to score woke points before that became a thing and admitting it was all a publicity stunt

Bish in his greatest performance of all time

Steph actually taking a bump...

Billy and Chuck wedding payoff was great:

Exposing Rico for trying to score woke points before that became a thing and admitting it was all a publicity stunt

Bish in his greatest performance of all time

Steph actually taking a bump...
it has admittedly been a long time, but I don't remember it having any redeeming qualities...

that said, I generally hate the wedding gimmicks, in all forms.

it has admittedly been a long time, but I don't remember it having any redeeming qualities...

that said, I generally hate the wedding gimmicks, in all forms.

The beauty of it was they admitted it was all a gimmick

Worth a rewatch, might go so far to say was the best wedding segment I can recall

Vince interviewing Pillman's wife the night after he died made me pretty uncomfortable even as a 12 year old. There was just something wrong about that.
Bad taste.
Super uncomfortable.
Completely unnecessary.

Gobbledygooker was pretty bad even as a kid. What the fuck were they thinking?

That sounds like wrestling bullshit to me to make it more interesting. I cant imagine a funeral director booking a camera crew and production on the same night as an actual visitation. It sounds good though

I don't remember Bruce going over Katie Vick. I remember him saying something similar to this about the Big Show Boss man cemetery stuff.

Robocop saving Sting, Rick Steiner arguing with Chucky, Tank Abbott threating to stab Big Al; lots of crap out there.

Maybe someone will know what segment I'm talking about, it had to be from 20 years ago when I was regularly watching.

It's a promo battle between Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon, but it goes on FOREVER and Hulk keeps fucking up the promo. At one point he stops in mid sentence and starts it again, at another point he tries to say he was "the right guy" but he calls himself "the right gay guy" (Freudian slip?). Vince McMahon says he could have put anyone in the Hulk Hogan gimmick, and Hogan is supposed to have an angry rebuttal but he just sounds constipated. It was literally AIDs on the screen, I think it single handedly made me stop watching wrestling.

I remember a lot of the WCW stuff in their final years being particularly awful.

Maybe someone will know what segment I'm talking about, it had to be from 20 years ago when I was regularly watching.

It's a promo battle between Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon, but it goes on FOREVER and Hulk keeps fucking up the promo. At one point he stops in mid sentence and starts it again, at another point he tries to say he was "the right guy" but he calls himself "the right gay guy" (Freudian slip?). Vince McMahon says he could have put anyone in the Hulk Hogan gimmick, and Hogan is supposed to have an angry rebuttal but he just sounds constipated. It was literally AIDs on the screen, I think it single handedly made me stop watching wrestling.

I remember a lot of the WCW stuff in their final years being particularly awful.

Hogan still had it when he first came back in 02. He was still that aura until they used him to put Brock over. He took a hiatus for a few months and returned in 2003. For whatever reason, he was never the same. He constantly botched promos, seemed to lose his confidence and just wasn’t the Hulkster.

Katie Vick was the first thing that popped in my mind. I'm sure there have been worse since then but I still had hope for wrestling when Katie Vick happened.

Hogan still had it when he first came back in 02. He was still that aura until they used him to put Brock over. He took a hiatus for a few months and returned in 2003. For whatever reason, he was never the same. He constantly botched promos, seemed to lose his confidence and just wasn’t the Hulkster.

lol yup that's the one. Why did he keep restarting? Was he hoping to get a clean take so they could edit it? I thought the WWE TV shows were live? What a disaster.

lol yup that's the one. Why did he keep restarting? Was he hoping to get a clean take so they could edit it? I thought the WWE TV shows were live? What a disaster.
That was a Smackdown which was taped at the time. So they would work a little different both wrestling and promos. I think international directv customers or something could somehow see the live feed though so that’s how the footage got out.

Yeah you could pick up footage from inside the arena hours before the event started with an old school dish. Like HHH and Rock sitting ringside and going over their Iron Man match.

One I havnt seen mentioned: Old Day

Darby and Stings “special night” promo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back