What is the worst job/s you've ever had?!

Toughen the fuck up. I washed dishes at 14 years old about 25 hours a week. Try doing insulation. Crawling through attics of rat feces and being bathed in fiberglass in 95 and 15 degree weather
My grandfather was in the army & carried a heavy machine gun in WW2 & saw combat. He was a very tough man. He said doing fiberglass insulation in attics convinced him to go to school & complete his degree & work in nuclear physics. If he said it was bad I know for damn sure it was awful.

My grandfather was in the army & carried a heavy machine gun in WW2 & saw combat. He was a very tough man. He said doing fiberglass insulation in attics convinced him to go to school & complete his degree & work in nuclear physics. If he said it was bad I know for damn sure it was awful.

Lol..thats a good story
For me it was dishwasher at a middle range restaurant (lets say Chilis or Fridays type of restaurant) I only lasted for 2 days because I quit...f that! However I have to say I was kinda spoiled because didnt grow up poor, not rich either but lets just say I never had to do physical jobs to make a living, and dishwasher was a physical job for me, and dealing with cleaning all that shit that people leave on their plates... hardest part for me was cleaning the mats of the kitchen though and just dealing overall with all the shit that is a restaurant kitchen at the end of the day... too much shit I guess... I understand and respect people who do that work.

No offense but u sound like a pussy. The idea of going through life without knowing labor is bizarre to me

Worst job: Pest control technician. I'm from Florida, so working outside during the summer time for sometimes up to 10 hours a day, 5 days a week, is excruciatingly difficult. By the time you get to Thursday and Friday, you're just completely spent. The work wasn't even really the worst part and I had good relationships with my customers. It was the management that made the job more miserable than anything else. Treated us like absolute garbage on a consistent basis. It was a mom-and-pop's pest control company, so it wasn't run very efficiently at times and there was also zero accountability held towards the office people. If they messed up, you would still get blamed and you wouldn't get an opportunity to respond or you'd get reprimanded even further. It got to the point where I essentially just went rogue and would show up, complete my assigned route for the day, and completely ignore the office for the entire day haha. It was not a good relationship. I felt like I had to be a gigantic asshole back towards them to keep myself from getting screwed over and that's so contradictory to how I am as a person, so I'd feel miserable and sullen all of the time. I lasted in that job about 1 calendar year and was mercifully fired in April 2020 when COVID was first starting to affect everywhere. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Best job: My current job. EMT working ambulance transport for Cleveland Clinic. Most rewarding job I've had to this point in my life. A good friend of mine that I met while working together for the aforementioned miserable pest control company was in EMT school at the time with the eventual goal of becoming a fire-fighter. He kept trying to recruit me the entire time we were working together and was telling me "dude, if you get into school and graduate the program, we can quit this job at the same time." I kept telling him I'd think about it and put it off because being a responder or working in the medical industry wasn't something I'd even remotely considered interesting growing up. Well, when I got fired, I was at a crossroads in my life and had to make a decision, so I decided to take a leap into this avenue to see if it was something that'd be for me and I completely fell in love with it, to the point where I wondered why I never pursued it sooner. I get to see a lot of wild stuff on a daily basis. I've been able to be right in the middle of the action when it's come to COVID calls and whatever else. I spend all of my time in hospital ER's, so I get to see all types of crazy stuff from assault victims to car accident victims to COVID patients to patients having heart attacks, strokes, etc. I plan on taking this thing the whole way and eventually ending up as a paramedic at a fire station so I can run emergency response calls. Best decision I've ever made. It's not for everybody. I work really weird hours. I work from 7pm-7am most nights, so I have to be awake at strange hours and that wears you out over time, but the job itself is awesome.

I believe him. Dude, that shit is AWFUL. That material is miserable to deal with. I hated going in customers' attics who had fiberglass insulation in there. If you get any of it on your skin, you come out scratching yourself like Tyrone Biggums. It gets all in your clothes, your hair, it's awful to breathe in. On top of that, I imagine it's also miserable because you're working in an attic all day that's like 140 degrees. I'm from South Florida, so being in someone's attic anywhere from April through December is like being stuck in an oven. It's not as bad when we have our mandatory 3 months of cool weather. But for the rest of the year, it's too damn hot.

"built a business" code for "started making crack cocaine in the garage as close to Jon Jones as I could"?

I assumed it was a reference to Breaking Bad but hey... you start your business where your customers are.

Cash in transit driver. Poor pay, dangerous, long days, one mistake can get you sacked, disgustingly hot vans, shit equipment.

Never again.

Roofing. Lasted two weeks

You’re a better man than me, Gunga Din.
I lasted one day. And I’m not talking nailing shingles or whatever. I’m talking laying tar on a hot summer day shit.
Lasted the day but said fk that for ever again.

I'd bring the fish oil, and the filling company would fill these bottles up and seal them. It was a product for horses. Some of the filled bottles would have a little bit of fish oil that didn't make it into the bottle but instead would run down the side of the bottle. So the drive up was smelly and the return drive was worse. I'd smell like fish for a few days after a run to Chicago.

I bet your woman would be relieved though.

Mine was working as a sparring partner for a former jr middleweight champion by the name of Mark Medal back in 1985. The sparring part was fine but the pay sucked as it wound up equaling only about $10 per round, my food budget was only $15 per day & the accommodations were terrible. I had to room with another fighter at a dive motel in Jersey City where the AC hardly worked in the middle of a hot ass July heatwave & it had roaches. I hate roaches. Won't tolerate them. So, I bailed on the job after two days.

Tough roaches.

<mma4>

Not really had any that I thoroughly hated. Had bits of them or a person I hated.

Safeway - one of the managers was a right c**t . He had his car fucked up after folks had a collection. I did quit because I couldn't get on with him.

Safeway - finding a dismembered cat and the smell of it in one of the bins was not great.

door to door sales. I lasted 4 days of doing 12 hour shifts selling labor law posters to businesses which all business are technically required by law to have. The days started with some group brain washing. Then we were sent out in small groups/pairs to areas with high numbers of businesses and went from business to business trying to act official and ask to see their labor law posters to make sure they were up to date and try to get them to buy them off us. It was a solid stream of either "fuck off" or " give me your card and ill give it to my boss when hes in". Then after full day of that, we went back to office and finished with some more brainwashing so we could feed the pyramid scheme business model while we made nothing outside of commission for our sales.

I had always done blue collar labor work previously and thought it might be nice to try something less back breaking. Give me an honest days pay for an honest days work where you dont feel like a pest to society any day. Door to door sales is truly some soul crushing type shit.

you should try selling crack.
The right neighborhood and every door will have its red carpet rolled out for you.

1) Working at the school cafeteria in College. I'd work all day then go to class half-asleep. It was fast pace, I was working with a bunch of ex-cons, the customers (students) were mean because I was basically a fry cook, they could be.

2) Manager of a special needs group home. I don't even wanna get into that.
Were you a PSW/DSP?

Back