What is the worst job/s you've ever had?!

Painting houses. Anything where you have to go into people's houses sucks.

I worked for 5 months making frozen pizzas to be ready for Grocery stores. I basically got yelled out all day long to speed up and be called a poor worker. I was an a ridiculously cold environment with no information and expected to know everything from scratch, I quit when started going to University full-time. They, of course told me I was doing well and they were sorry to lose me when I tendered my resignation. Which is really typical when you quit any shitty work environment. Probably because turn-over is so high

Telemarketing. You can only be told you're a pos so many times in one day before you start to believe it

When those guys call, I just listen to what they have to say and let them think they have me on the hook, and then just end the call abruptly.

I don't have the guts to be mean and tell them to fuck off.

Really a nerve wrecking job.

Probably the worst job I've had was working with fish oil I would drive a van with a barrel or two of fish oil to a liquid filling firm located in a gang active area of south Chicago. The drive was 2 and half hours one way.

I'd bring the fish oil, and the filling company would fill these bottles up and seal them. It was a product for horses. Some of the filled bottles would have a little bit of fish oil that didn't make it into the bottle but instead would run down the side of the bottle. So the drive up was smelly and the return drive was worse. I'd smell like fish for a few days after a run to Chicago.

Seasonal cart attendant at target

My coworkers were fine but the worst part was dealing with the shitty customers.two incidents come to mind. Part of my job was to plug in the electric carts so they would be fully charged for handicapped shoppers. One time ,as I was driving the cart to its charging station, some fat fuck asshole was standing right where we parked the carts to charge. He was just randomly just
Standing there. I got out of the cart to politely asked him to move so I could plug the cart in to charge. He got a attitude , started cussing and refused to move . I taught about suplexing him out of the way or hitting him with the cart but I just parked it and went about my business.
Another time, some lady backed into me as I was bringing a row of carts into the store . I wasn't injured just highly pissed. I started walking up to her car to tell her to come inside with me to fill out a incident report, but she just looked at me and drove off

I applied for that job once. Once I saw them unloading the hot trailers. No thanks

It wasn't totally the job, it was the supervisors mostly. One kid who had been there a few months told me during a break, "They are going to try and make you quit. They always hire more than they need each hiring cycle." The supervisors were just assholes with everything. This is coming from a guy who's first real job was literally throwing sod and digging ditches for years. I quit because it was a second job for me anyways. A family member helped me get the gig, and she was trying to push me to be a driver eventually. Drivers make a lot of money, but have HIGH divorce rates and shit. I got to my 90 day probationary period and quit on that day just because I could.

When those guys call, I just listen to what they have to say and let them think they have me on the hook, and then just end the call abruptly.

I don't have the guts to be mean and tell them to fuck off.

Really a nerve wrecking job.

So you're allowed to just hang up on them?

Delivering food items to a now long defunct nursing home. To this day, the pervasive aroma and frantic howls of forced solitude weighs on my conscience.

Mine was working as a sparring partner for a former jr middleweight champion by the name of Mark Medal back in 1985. The sparring part was fine but the pay sucked as it wound up equaling only about $10 per round, my food budget was only $15 per day & the accommodations were terrible. I had to room with another fighter at a dive motel in Jersey City where the AC hardly worked in the middle of a hot ass July heatwave & it had roaches. I hate roaches. Won't tolerate them. So, I bailed on the job after two days.

Picking merchandise in a warehouse. pay was garbage, benefits were good. Lasted two weeks, probably would have stuck it out longer but the shift was at night and it just wasn't for me. Treated you like a robot, you had to ask to go to the bathroom, got half hour lunch but damn near 10 min walk to the break room that counted as a part of your break.

My first job when I turned 16 I started working at the local Little Caesars. That place was such a shit hole. I remember most nights we'd eat or throw away more pizza than we sold. We had that $5 Hot and Ready deal and we always had a few ready and people would refuse and tell us they want a fresh one. Bitch its Hot and Ready not Hot and Fresh. But we had to do it if they asked. The best part was we would make weird pizzas just to try and it I found that pizza with no sauce was pretty fucking tasty. They made me wear the Pizza Pizza guy suit and stand on the corner with the sign which sucked because it was hot as hell in there and even though people couldn't see your face it was still somewhat embarrassing.

I remember walking across the street to the bank to cash my pay checks and often times the company didn't have enough money to cover it so we'd have to wait.

I only worked there a few months because it turned out our creepy manager was actually a convicted pedophile apparently and got into a stand off with the cops in a gas station and was arrested. Soon after that it closed and never reopened.

Masonry laborer......aka mud bitch. Mixing mortar and moving blocks/brings for 10-12 hours a day in the blazing sun. I was absolutely spent at the end of each day and had no energy to do anything other than eat, shit, and sleep. Pay wasn't great.

I also did marketing research which consisted of cold calling strangers and doing surveys. The work felt meaningless and the time absolutely dragged but the money was decent for a high school kid. Before we got autodialers we had to call each number manually. The last hour of my shift I would just call my own cell phone and not answer it and disposition as "no answer" over and over again because I didn't feel like talking to anyone.

I don't know if it's the worse, but one of the hardest jobs I did, maybe because I was just 16 at that time. Was helping to put up a massive circus tent. I think it was only a couple days, but I was physically spent by the end of it. Never ever experienced that type of hard work before at that age. It was an eye opener.

When I was 16 I briefly worked as a soda vendor at a college stadium. It sucked carrying 30 large sodas in a metal tray up and down stairs. They were also in paper cups with ice and would splash all over you when a lid popped off.

Back