What is the worst job/s you've ever had?!

Worked for a trade union once because i thought it could improve my social skills working with a bunch of people with a radically different ideology than myself.

Dishwasher at a Fish and Chips joint. Went home smelling like seafood and grease, and got really sick the very first week. Quit shortly thereafter.

I worked in a warehouse dumping vegetables onto a conveyor belt when I was 16. The veggies came from greenhouses on the property. Bins full of veggies were stacked on pallets to head height, the pallets got dropped off next to my station.

I'd dump literally 10,000 or more bins a day. The veggies had a waxy insect repellent coating on them that gave me a rash. They ran diesel forklifts indoors which sucked. The safety shutoff for the belt was too far for me to reach and 10 feet away from the nearest sorter who was seated. If my arm got caught I'd simply lose it. At the end of the day I had to sweep / clean up which saw me working a few minutes off of the clock. My shoulders were so sore at night I had trouble washing my hair in the shower.

I quit after a week and got a job as a ride operator at an amusement park. Fresh air, met cute girls, totally stress free.

Best job, GameStop
Worst Job, Mover

UPS unloader. 1:30 to about 8 in the morning. Balls ass hot. People yelling at you if you didn't have a truck unloaded in 45 minutes. I threw up a lot and always looked like I jumped in a pool because of how much I sweat. It was like 9 bucks an hour too.

1) Working at the school cafeteria in College. I'd work all day then go to class half-asleep. It was fast pace, I was working with a bunch of ex-cons, the customers (students) were mean because I was basically a fry cook, they could be.

2) Manager of a special needs group home. I don't even wanna get into that.

UPS unloader. 1:30 to about 8 in the morning. Balls ass hot. People yelling at you if you didn't have a truck unloaded in 45 minutes. I threw up a lot and always looked like I jumped in a pool because of how much I sweat. It was like 9 bucks an hour too.

I applied for that job once. Once I saw them unloading the hot trailers. No thanks

amusement park operating those games - hours were long and i was outside on my feet all day and would get yelled at if i wasnt selling games to people walking by
red lobster - line cook. the only part of that job was stealing shrimp and biscuits

Agreed completely. But like I said... My child has Down Syndrome. And people are cruel. Would you risk your little one getting devastating comments that he might get? I would do anything to protect my beautiful son. What I want is for him to be involved in the Special Olympics and even a charity of his choice, while not having to deal with anyone's ignorant bullshit.
Oh sorry, didn’t know. But honestly, I’d be surprised if anyone said anything to him. The grocery store has a guy with Down syndrome that works there. He seems really happy. Totally different scenario though. It really is a messed up world if someone says something to him.

When I was 13 I had a job cutting potatos to go in a seeder for a farmer. It wasn't a horrible job but I never got paid as my wages went to pay for my step dads bar bill as he also worked there. When I was 14 and 15 we had our own family market garden. Long hours no pay.

Business consulting. I’d done manual labor/construction most of my adult life and saw an office job as a huge step up. Learned the hard way that not everyone’s cut out for the shirt-and-tie corporate BS…

Having to fly all over the country for presentations and meetings was the worst, along with all the hoops and pussyfooting and bureaucracy

Being a HS Chemistry teacher sucked, so I just collabed with a former student of mine and built a business in New Mexico.
"built a business" code for "started making crack cocaine in the garage as close to Jon Jones as I could"?

I worked in the electronics section of Walmart for 2 days about 7 years ago as a part time winter gig to supplement my landscaping business when I first got it going.

In that 2 days after my orientation, I probably dealt with more trashy people than I have in my entire life. I had some cracked out lady hit me in the balls with a cell phone she threw at us because we couldn't return it in the first 20 minutes of my first shift.

Day 2 was highlighted by one of the door greeters getting their pinky cut off by a machete wielding homeless dude.

yeah, it wasn't for me.

The worst was a temp job working nights cleaning the boots of curry ready meal factory night shift workers. I lasted 4hrs, ate my stash and went home.

I grew up wealthy. Like... very wealthy. And my parents made me get a job as a dishwasher at a nursing home at age 16.

That was not fun. At all. But now that I have a child, I understand what they were trying to do. Though, I do not want my child to ever work... and he'll never have to. But that's a much different circumstance. He has DS and I worry about people being cruel to him. I just want to protect him from everything.

But yeah, washing dishes definitely checks all the boxes for worst job ever.

Lol, snap. Although my son has autism. One of the more depressing places to have a summer job.

I worked in the electronics section of Walmart for 2 days about 7 years ago as a part time winter gig to supplement my landscaping business when I first got it going.

In that 2 days after my orientation, I probably dealt with more trashy people than I have in my entire life. I had some cracked out lady hit me in the balls with a cell phone she threw at us because we couldn't return it in the first 20 minutes of my first shift.

Day 2 was highlighted by one of the door greeters getting their pinky cut off by a machete wielding homeless dude.

yeah, it wasn't for me.

USA in a nutshell, lmao

Back