what is the WORST gi you have ever bought?

first time i've heard anyone complain about atamas...

well the worst gi i've had was the generic one i got when i first started traing, but even that wasn't too bad, its still ok even though i dont really use it.

i've been lucky really, since i got a 2 for 1 on some warrior one double weaves which are still going strong after about 2 years, and got a gameness platinum which is great despite some fading of the color.

I have two, my ATAMA gold weave, which has been pretty solid for the last 8 months or so. I recently got a Gameness Platinum - after the first wash, the strip patch near the collarbone started to come off, threads were loose, and the shoulder patch started to fray.

I got a replacement, and again after the first wash on the shortest gentlest cycle with cold water yielded threading coming off the lapel of all places, and again signs of early patch fraying.

I only ahve 2 to compare - the ATAMA is solid yet not as comfortable as the gameness. The gameness is comfortable, yet the threading and fragile cosmetics are an annoyance. Hope the lapel doesn't fall apart.

Mizuno YAWARA is the worst. $600 and it didn't make me any better......

WHy?

Dragao's are nice - really nice. things never break down.

Worst gi i ever bought was a Ground Force Kimono - Complete garbage, fits badly, looks badly, and the collar was super thin.

Best would be Mkimonos, Atama, Dragao, Keiko racca..

In that order.

what do you expect. its made by century

What can I say, "It did suck". I am looking for a good judo gi to train in. Any recommendations? As far as a jiu-jitsu gi, I like my Lucky gi and my ATAMA.

I have an Adidas and a Fuji, and haven't had any problems. I am extremely new to the sport though and have only worn each about 2 or 3 times.

the Kagi it sucked big time and the logo faded in the first wash. you truly get what you pay for.
Never ever again.

Back