• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what is the WORST gi you have ever bought?

B

blanko

for me? It is the Adidas single weave training gi... It sucks. Imagine a bastard child of a judo and bjj gi that took all of it's worst attributes. The sleeves are wide like a judo gi and short like a bjj gi; the collar sucks and the gi skirt is long like a judo gi... the worst gi ever. I should have bought a fuji instead... SO I DID! let's recap: adidas single weaves gis suck.

worst gi i have bought is the HCK...

but i've only bought the Fuji and HCK...

for me? It is the Adidas single weave training gi... It sucks. Imagine a bastard child of a judo and bjj gi that took all of it's worst attributes. The sleeves are wide like a judo gi and short like a bjj gi; the collar sucks and the gi skirt is long like a judo gi... the worst gi ever. I should have bought a fuji instead... SO I DID! let's recap: adidas single weaves gis suck.

I 2nd the motion. I can also say the same for their competition gi's. It's the same crappy gi with a brasil flag.

I believe when I joined the place I'm at, I tried to save about $30 by getting a Sun gi instead of an Atama gi. I didn't know any better. That's the worst $70 I ever spent in my life! I recently got an Impact gi off ebay for about $45 and it feels TONS better....and I'm sure that Impact gi isn't even great!

Hopefully sometime soon I'll spring $100 for a Gameness Platinum. Seems like the best buy for your money, or the Atama my instructor can get me at his cost.

Sun gi's suck!!!!

Sun Gi? Can you post a link or a pic? I never heard of it.

This sucks to say because I respect the company but I bought an SSF gi and both the pants and the top ripped within 2 rolls. COuld ahve been jsut this one though.

I hate to say it, but my Sirius Gold Weave shrunk so much I can barely wear it. It went from an A4 to a A2.5.

Yea I heard Adidas gis suck. I had a HSU judo gi and a Fuji gi. My mom threw away my HSU gi and bought me the Fuji gi. I kind of miss the HSU gi. It was extremely durable. I used it for over 2 years and it held up great.

Blue Atama Gold Weave. It faded into two different colors and had a ton of loose threads.

This sucks to say because I respect the company but I bought an SSF gi and both the pants and the top ripped within 2 rolls. COuld ahve been jsut this one though.

Did you contact Ron about that?

I hate to say it, but my Sirius Gold Weave shrunk so much I can barely wear it. It went from an A4 to a A2.5.

The same thing happened to me, though strangly it only happened to 1 of my 2 Sirius's.

My blue one didn't shrink much, but my black one shrank like an SOB

+1 addidas club gi, it was just wrong in all aspects. Maybe if i ever do judo or karate I will take it out of retirement.

Did you contact Ron about that?

He offered a replacement but the original was screwed up in shipping and took forever and day to get to me as well; It was just becoming a headache. Plus, RDFC started to carry Gi's and I bought a Kieko Raca for real cheap. Awesome GI.

He offered a replacement but the original was screwed up in shipping and took forever and day to get to me as well; It was just becoming a headache. Plus, RDFC started to carry Gi's and I bought a Kieko Raca for real cheap. Awesome GI.

I've never had any problems with my SSF comp gi....maybe it was just that one you had...... :D

I want to buy a keiko raca gi..they look really nice ahha

Really, did you call or email us? That should never of happened. We would like to get that gi back so we can see what happened. We can refund or exchange the gi.

www.SSFgear.com

Back