What is the worst call by the ref you've seen?

Ken Shamrock/Sakuraba in PRIDE has to be up there. Saku nailed Ken with a good shot, Shamrock got wobbled, and FIGHT INSTANTLY OVER. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but I don't think it's crazy to think that the PRIDE folks might have been pulling for Saku in that one.

Ken ran and stuck his head out of the ring on purpose.

Can't remember who the ref was (newer small guy), but after an eyepoke, he asked the fighter "can you see?". The fighter responded "no", and instead of giving him up to 5 minutes, the ref called the fight because the fighter had said he couldn't see! This happened this year and my memory fails me as to any names.
The fighter was begging because he had been misunderstood but the ref was adamant.

R\Pride ref stopping Yoshida from completely choking out Royce. I respect the Gracies but they have a very hard time accepting defeat (with the exception of Renzo congratulating Sakuraba after Saku detached his arm).

Can't remember who the ref was (newer small guy), but after an eyepoke, he asked the fighter "can you see?". The fighter responded "no", and instead of giving him up to 5 minutes, the ref called the fight because the fighter had said he couldn't see! This happened this year and my memory fails me as to any names.
The fighter was begging because he had been misunderstood but the ref was adamant.
Wasn't that the first Phil Davis / Wagner Prado fight?

BTW:
As stupid as it is, you can't have 5 minutes of rest for an eyepoke.
It's not in the rules.
The 5-minute thing is only for nut shots.
With an eyepoke, you either continue after a brief pause and a eye exam, or the fight is over.

What about the Jones/Hamill fight? Should have been stopped before those 12-6 elbows even happened.

Yves lavigne stopping Wiman vs Danzig 1 because Wiman said Danzig was out while Danzig was STARING LAVIGNE IN THE FACE. Hilarious.

Great minds think alike. The fight was Ovince st Preux vs Gian Villante at UFC 159. Villante got poked, Kevin Mulhall asked him if he could see when his eye was closed, fighter said no, and it went to a majority decision, instead of a no-contest as originally indicated.

Didn't TS qualify this thread by asking (outside of late stoppages?)

I would like to go with Mazz DQing Brock vs. Mir and claiming administering THREE warnings prior!

I unfortunately have to go with Yves Lavigne stopping a fight, realizing that he had just completely F'd up, and changes his mind by restarting the fight.

That should have resulted in him losing his license to referee.

Thats like attempting to rape a girl, ripping her close off, and ramming it home, but getting overwhelmed by a bad smell and changing your mind and stopping like it never happened in the first place! WTF?

Mazz standing Brock/Mir up in their first fight. That is one instance, for sure, where a bad call by the ref directly changed the outcome of the fight. Couple that with his watching Brock tap for 3 full seconds before breaking up the knee bar. Mazz is lucky Brock decided to take that out on a door. That is one of the worst displays of referring I've ever seen.

Great minds think alike. The fight was Ovince st Preux vs Gian Villante at UFC 159. Villante got poked, Kevin Mulhall asked him if he could see when his eye was closed, fighter said no, and it went to a majority decision, instead of a no-contest as originally indicated.

Isn't this from the same card where Bisping tried to take Belcher's eye?

Alex+White+++vs.+++Roy+Babcock.gif

lol dam! the guy on the bottom must have owed the ref money or fucked his daughter

Didn't TS qualify this thread by asking (outside of late stoppages?)

I would like to go with Mazz DQing Brock vs. Mir and claiming administering THREE warnings prior!

I unfortunately have to go with Yves Lavigne stopping a fight, realizing that he had just completely F'd up, and changes his mind by restarting the fight.

That should have resulted in him losing his license to referee.

Thats like attempting to rape a girl, ripping her close off, and ramming it home, but getting overwhelmed by a bad smell and changing your mind and stopping like it never happened in the first place! WTF?

There are so many things wrong, and actually quite sick and frightening about this post.

I will just correct the fact that Brock was not DQ'd, he was deducted a point.

the rest, I'm just not even going to touch. :eek:

Yamasaki's weird post fight disqualification of Erick Silva and the weirdness that was Gamburyan vs Miller.

The ref allowing Jon Fitch to call timeouts during his fight with Jeff Joslin.

the one where the dude was tapping and the ref didn't even see it even though he was like 3 ft away.

the curran/ warren stoppage

weidman vs lawlor

4399577_o.gif

the ref after this kick, rolling over the fallen fighter and not supporting his limp head and letting it smack against the canvas when rolled over
can't find the video as i'm unsure of the names as of yet

Back