What is the purpose or end goal of constantly bashing fighters/partnerships?

Defeat Unknown

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
We hear this so often from Dana. He truly has no limits to who he'll stab in the back and throw under the bus. One week a fighter is the greatest fighter there is, the next he's a bum and a loser. It's been like this for as long as I've followed interviews and scrums.

But where does it lead? What is the end goal? UFC is in a partnership with fighters, especially champions and when they publicly slander, belittle and attempt to humiliate and devalue, where exactly are we headed with this? How does this help the UFC, how does it help fighters, and how does it help Dana's pockets?

It's an endless cycle of this shit with no end in sight. Why can't UFC and Dana just do their best to work with fighters?

It's so tiring to hear this every week, every month. If I want to continue to be a fan of the sport, is this the shit we have to listen to every time Dana opens his mouth? Are these the stories media will continues to focus on and discuss and come to these forums and see "fans" regurgitating what Dana says and shitting on fighters?

It's so tiring.

Thats just Dana being Dana. Ur trying to apply logic and maturity to a unprofessional

Dana is a cunt. You laid it out in your post. He's a liability now. And has no place being the face of the UFC, in a company like WME.

He's embarrassing.

Makes me feel better of my bum life

I love the that is just Dana being Dana lol which is true he is just being a son of a bitch like he has since 2005 way back when he ruined Loretta Hunts career and he did not slow down since then.
He has cut fighters for little to nothing he did not like to ruining careers or tried Randy and Tito just to name a few

We hear this so often from Dana. He truly has no limits to who he'll stab in the back and throw under the bus. One week a fighter is the greatest fighter there is, the next he's a bum and a loser. It's been like this for as long as I've followed interviews and scrums.

But where does it lead? What is the end goal? UFC is in a partnership with fighters, especially champions and when they publicly slander, belittle and attempt to humiliate and devalue, where exactly are we headed with this? How does this help the UFC, how does it help fighters, and how does it help Dana's pockets?

It's an endless cycle of this shit with no end in sight. Why can't UFC and Dana just do their best to work with fighters?

It's so tiring to hear this every week, every month. If I want to continue to be a fan of the sport, is this the shit we have to listen to every time Dana opens his mouth? Are these the stories media will continues to focus on and discuss and come to these forums and see "fans" regurgitating what Dana says and shitting on fighters?

It's so tiring.

Things may have changed a little since the buyout, but the traditional way to understand pretty much everything Dana says is that he is attempting to protect and promote the interests of the UFC. You may not like it, you may even think of ways in which it is flawed or counterproductive, but that is the core intention. If a fighter is mouthing off and presenting a threat the to company and brand Dana will attack him. If a fighter is an asset then he is the GOAT.

0afc2d379b2deab6b5c4dc5dae95df43.jpg

negotiating position

he maintains the arrangement where they are weak and need him, but he does not need them

conor is the only one who has achieved the more powerful negotiating position, and even he is controlled by his contract

He's trying to devalue them and use it as a warning to the others to stay in line. It's a power game.

Send him a tweet. I hear he interacts a lot with fans on there.

Things may have changed a little since the buyout, but the traditional way to understand pretty much everything Dana says is that he is attempting to protect and promote the interests of the UFC. You may not like it, you may even think of ways in which it is flawed or counterproductive, but that is the core intention. If a fighter is mouthing off and presenting a threat the to company and brand Dana will attack him. If a fighter is an asset then he is the GOAT.
I get Dana's interests are always himself and the company. But what would it be like if Dana came out and said something along the lines of:

"DJ seems unhappy and we're working with him to to sort things out and continue to move forward and promote him as a champion and put on the best fights possible"?

In what way is that approach harmful to the company?

I cannot fathom how disparaging the best fighters in the world helps the company. It's not UFC vs the fighters. They work together.

Back