What is the purpose or end goal of constantly bashing fighters/partnerships?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Defeat Unknown, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Defeat Unknown

Defeat Unknown Silver Belt

We hear this so often from Dana. He truly has no limits to who he'll stab in the back and throw under the bus. One week a fighter is the greatest fighter there is, the next he's a bum and a loser. It's been like this for as long as I've followed interviews and scrums.

But where does it lead? What is the end goal? UFC is in a partnership with fighters, especially champions and when they publicly slander, belittle and attempt to humiliate and devalue, where exactly are we headed with this? How does this help the UFC, how does it help fighters, and how does it help Dana's pockets?

It's an endless cycle of this shit with no end in sight. Why can't UFC and Dana just do their best to work with fighters?

It's so tiring to hear this every week, every month. If I want to continue to be a fan of the sport, is this the shit we have to listen to every time Dana opens his mouth? Are these the stories media will continues to focus on and discuss and come to these forums and see "fans" regurgitating what Dana says and shitting on fighters?

It's so tiring.

2. VitorBelfoTRT

VitorBelfoTRT Purple Belt

Thats just Dana being Dana. Ur trying to apply logic and maturity to a unprofessional

Rainer likes this.
  3. Stained Class

Stained Class Metal Gods Banned

Dana is a cunt. You laid it out in your post. He's a liability now. And has no place being the face of the UFC, in a company like WME.

He's embarrassing.

4. TGArthur

TGArthur You can't lose if you win the fight.

Makes me feel better of my bum life

5. WimpLo2

WimpLo2 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Are you gay

6. Jay philips

Jay philips Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I love the that is just Dana being Dana lol which is true he is just being a son of a bitch like he has since 2005 way back when he ruined Loretta Hunts career and he did not slow down since then.
    He has cut fighters for little to nothing he did not like to ruining careers or tried Randy and Tito just to name a few

Darric and VitorBelfoTRT like this.
  7. ocfightfan

ocfightfan Gold Belt

Things may have changed a little since the buyout, but the traditional way to understand pretty much everything Dana says is that he is attempting to protect and promote the interests of the UFC. You may not like it, you may even think of ways in which it is flawed or counterproductive, but that is the core intention. If a fighter is mouthing off and presenting a threat the to company and brand Dana will attack him. If a fighter is an asset then he is the GOAT.

Kung Fu bb likes this.
  8. Couch Ninja

Couch Ninja The Duster King

9. Pwent

Pwent Guest

negotiating position

he maintains the arrangement where they are weak and need him, but he does not need them

conor is the only one who has achieved the more powerful negotiating position, and even he is controlled by his contract

10. Ballsack Mcgee

Ballsack Mcgee Purple Belt

He's trying to devalue them and use it as a warning to the others to stay in line. It's a power game.

11. SCTwins

SCTwins Red Belt

Send him a tweet. I hear he interacts a lot with fans on there.

12. Siesta

Siesta Black Belt

UFC =\= logic.

Darric likes this.
  13. soulsstealer

soulsstealer Silver Belt

feed danas ego.

14. Defeat Unknown

Defeat Unknown Silver Belt

I get Dana's interests are always himself and the company. But what would it be like if Dana came out and said something along the lines of:

"DJ seems unhappy and we're working with him to to sort things out and continue to move forward and promote him as a champion and put on the best fights possible"?

In what way is that approach harmful to the company?

I cannot fathom how disparaging the best fighters in the world helps the company. It's not UFC vs the fighters. They work together.