What is the point of Cruz vs Garbrandt?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
According to Sherdog anytime an underdog knocks out a favorite it's a 'lucky punch' so what are we actually going to learn? Either Cruz is better or Garbrandt wins by "fluke".

I like Cruz better but if its not a first punch KO by Garbrandt and he wins, I think he's at the point of his career where you cant really call it a fluke. Its not like he has a bad or losing record. He's pretty legit.

Ok maybe a broken bone win might also be flukey. But a decision or regular KO, he's just simply the better fighter.

Nobody was too hyped about the TJ rematch and there's nobody else. Cody has knocked some people out and used that to talk his away into a title shot.

Neck tats are immediate title shot

According to Sherdog anytime an underdog knocks out a favorite it's a 'lucky punch' so what are we actually going to learn? Either Cruz is better or Garbrandt wins by "fluke".

Going by that attitude, why bother anyone fighting at all? Why don't we just make up the winners on the internet?

I'll tell you the point: booze, and hotpants.

Reputable rankings and matchmaking aren't in season.

Cruz IS the better fighter. Neck tat moron might be able to land a KO blow, but Cruz will still be the better fighter.

It's to set up the TJ rematch. The UFC has done little to no promoting of the fight(which is bullshit).

They don't care though because they put TJ vs Lineker on the card too so they know if he wins he's going to call out Dom who fights after him. Then Dom will respond...the set up is all there.

Though it can probably go both ways since Lineker has been calling for a title shot too.

Yes because the whole point of Carbrandt, Training, learning, winning fights and generally working his ass off to get to this point in his career is for the fans to " learn " something.

I mean, of course there is the chance he may win a fucking championship belt and reach the pinnacle of what he has worked all this time for, but fuck it, he might as well just not bother seeing as how no-one will learn anything from this fight.

It's to set up the TJ rematch. The UFC has done little to no promoting of the fight(which is bullshit).

They don't care though because they put TJ vs Lineker on the card too so they know if he wins he's going to call out Dom who fights after him. Then Dom will respond...the set up is all there.

Though it can probably go both ways since Lineker has been calling for a title shot too.
Why are you light green now?? It's a slow night on Sherdog.

Why are you light green now?? It's a slow night on Sherdog.
Christmas came early.

6ag9jp.gif

You're right. Tell 'em to call off the fight. It's fucking pointless.

What do the merit purists think about this match up? Isnt No Love skipping the line just like McGregor and match ups like this makes the sport look bad?

I still don't get it. Every other mod is is still blue and admins are red. Why are you light green? What does it mean. Are you getting paid now? How much?
I'M IN A LEAGUE OF MY OWN. BREAKIN' EVERY RECORD ON SHERDOG, BABY.

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

What do the merit purists think about this match up? Isnt No Love skipping the line just like McGregor and match ups like this makes the sport look bad?
Conor skipped a lot of people. Cody only skipped one. It is bad, but not as bad.

Back