What is the point of a new Batman movie?

There has really only been 3 iterations and only 2 got proper movies. Batfleck didnt even get his own solo movie so does he really even count? Batman is one of the best superhero characters anyway. Its like bitching about the new spiderman. If you dont like it dont watch.

Like, did Nolan not do the character justice with The Dark Knight trilogy?
Batman has been done every which way, I dont understand the point of this and Im a fan of Pattinson.

I think Warner is just milking their most profitable DC franchise character since it worked for the various Marvel studios that have been pushing out Spider Man reboots over the last 15 years

There are two.

His ears.

And they could always bring this back from the Schumacher era (Rest his soul)

bat-nipples.jpg

Theyre gonna keep making Batman movies till everyone in Hollywood has had a chance to play the Joker
Back when IMDB had a forum, I put in a plug for Aamir Khan (Bollywood) to play the Riddler.

It didn't go over well.

I think Terry Mcginnis is a character that works. Kids and teenagers would be able to relate to him.

I think he could be DC films answer to Spiderman and the entire Spiderman/Iron Man relationship.

I think it makes sense

I liked that Terry learned how to fight by being on his high school wrestling team, rather than moving to a monetarist in Bhutan

Batman has been done every which way, I dont understand the point of this and Im a fan of Pattinson.

Batman Begins was the best of the lot. Nolan gave up on what Batman Begins was building. The other two movies are are good but Batman Begins was an exceptional origin story. Right up their with Iron Man. In my opinion, better than Ironman in terms of development.

Its gonna be a gender neutral batman with a vagina and dick attached on his costume as a show of solidarity to all genders out there

Batman Begins was the best of the lot. Nolan gave up on what Batman Begins was building. The other two movies are are good but Batman Begins was an exceptional origin story. Right up their with Iron Man. In my opinion, better than Ironman in terms of development.

I like the first Iron Man better than any of the Batman movies

Nolan's Batman trilogy is top notch. The best origin movie of any super hero movie

I like the first Iron Man better than any of the Batman movies

It is very good but suffers in my opinion from a couple of problems. You can tell the script wasn't tight from the beginning. There isn't much character development. There are good scenes but not a good arch and the main villain is weak. In comparison, Batman shows all the motivations and how he became Batman and his nemesis is the one trying to kill him for breaking from the league of shadows. That is a much more cohesive arch than business CEO dons power armor to take over the company when Tony Starks dad died. It just feels silly when you think about it. A CEO who got to that position by managing a business, decided to take over the company using power armor instead of any number of ways people assume control in hostile business takeovers.

Last edited:
Make money, keep fans happy and continue to grow/maintain the brand.

The point is for the movie studio and actors to make tons of money.

There are other Batman stories to tell, but I agree that doing reboot after reboot is exhausting. They should do a Batman Beyond film with Michael Keaton as Batman/Bruce Wayne because that has not been done before, and it opens the door to seeing Keaton do the character again (which a lot of people would like to see right now).

Probably because they usually have a time limit deal. if they do not make a movie in so many years, rights to make the films revert back to the owner who can sell to another studio.
Warner Bros. owns DC Comics outright so that's not the reason. That only applies to a few of the Marvel properties that they sold the movie rights off to in the late 90s when Marvel was bankrupt.

Back