What is the outcome of a fully executed neck crank?

jaQhOP5.jpg

I still to this day don't understand how that was possible

The type of neck crank that oleynik does isnt as serious as the one that lil boy did against ronda, ronda did escape but if that was someone with real power like maybe paul harris your head will snap and you will die.

hahahahaha ^ this is the best post I've read in a long time. Right on dude.

A living death.

Another great post! Anyone remember that shoop from a long time ago that had Ken and some big gay muscle asian dude riding a roller coaster that said "the living death" on the front car?

Probably not much other than pain and in worst cases some tearing

But if the person violently jerks while doing it, you are looking at potential broken vertebrae
Whether or not you could die from that i'm not sure of, but i would guess so, in certain scenarios

You'll generally get better answers to questions like this in F12 (grappling technique) than in the heavies, but separated cervical vertebrae are bad news if you like having control of your arms and legs.

if you dont tap to a neck crank you will injure your neck

is this a real fucking question?

If you dont tap to a neck crank your dick will grow an extra 3 inches.

If the cervical discs are pinched in the right (wrong) way, the arms can become paralyzed and you would have to verbally tap. There's a ton of things that can go wrong with the neck. I had a herniated C2-C3 and C4-C5 and I looked into getting neck adjustments from chiropractors and kept coming to the words 'brainstem stroke'. I decided against that.

No matter how many times I've seen the Dan Miller guillotine of eminent doom, I honestly cannot wrap my head around the physics. I just do not understand the mechanics of what happened in that submission, and I've been grappling for years.

On a related note, war Miller Bros, some of the most likeable guys in the history of MMA.

The type of neck crank that oleynik does isnt as serious as the one that lil boy did against ronda, ronda did escape but if that was someone with real power like maybe paul harris your head will snap and you will die.

getting caught in a Paul Harris neck crank .... thanks for the nightmares.

getting caught in a Paul Harris neck crank .... thanks for the nightmares.

Paul Harris' sheer power coupled with his penchant for holding onto submissions until the ref has shaken him out of a death grip trance is plenty of reason to fear a neck crank, I concur.

may cause severe ligament damage or damage to the vertebrae, and possibly result in serious spinal cord injury, strokes, or death. (wiki)

Neck crank is hideous, one of these days someone will be seriously hurt by one of these.

Exactly.
I'm disgusted when I hear a commentator saying: "It's not under the chin".
Yeah... that's worse! Much worse!
Neck cranks are dangerous.

Oh my God. Rousimar would just crack a skull open. :icon_chee

Well... that's one of the dumbest things I've read in a while.

"Your head will snap"?

You know nothing. But it's ok. You'll learn. :D

Back